I rolled my Talon and I need help getting replacement parts

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
How is everyone. I just joined this site and this is my first post. I only owned my 2020 talon 1000x for 3 months now and I rolled it the other weekend. Im just wondering if there is a better place to get body parts other than from honda. I basically need a new front clip, roll cage ( which i'm getting one custom built to replace) front and rear suspension, and rear quarters. Since Im basically rebuilding this talon, right now will be the best opportunity to make it better. Any suggestions on anything will be very well recommended. I added a few things to this since I owned it which those parts are still good ( gibson exhaust, front end stiffener, simpson d3 harness, and some other misc stuff that doesn't matter). It can be from power adders to the engine, better suspension, cooling, whatever. Im at the point to where if I dont do it now, I probably won't. Any feedback, tips, or you shouldn't have done this im all for it. I appreciate the help and hopefully I can make this better than what it was before.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi. And welcome.
There are a few sites to look at. All with different prices and shipping options.
I have ordered from all of them. Usually whomever has the best price. It does very between them all.

Motosport.com
Partzilla.com
Mrcycles.com
Rockymountainatvmc.com

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How is everyone. I just joined this site and this is my first post. I only owned my 2020 talon 1000x for 3 months now and I rolled it the other weekend. Im just wondering if there is a better place to get body parts other than from honda. I basically need a new front clip, roll cage ( which i'm getting one custom built to replace) front and rear suspension, and rear quarters. Since Im basically rebuilding this talon, right now will be the best opportunity to make it better. Any suggestions on anything will be very well recommended. I added a few things to this since I owned it which those parts are still good ( gibson exhaust, front end stiffener, simpson d3 harness, and some other misc stuff that doesn't matter). It can be from power adders to the engine, better suspension, cooling, whatever. Im at the point to where if I dont do it now, I probably won't. Any feedback, tips, or you shouldn't have done this im all for it. I appreciate the help and hopefully I can make this better than what it was before.
A lot of history made in Pea Ridge, We live in Hindsville, 30 miles from you as a crow flies? Must have been quite the roll, you ok? There is a Honda site on line that is a lot more affordable than Heartland Honda or Rainbow Honda. You can find it by Googling it. When you get back together give me a holler, we'll go ride. @PaulF would be a good one to talk to about suspension up grades. Best of luck to you!

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
20201116 121558

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Try out babbits honda. I think they have an app as well. Ebay should have some options as well.

Reactions: ChadD and TxDoc
amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
A lot of history made in Pea Ridge, We live in Hindsville, 30 miles from you as a crow flies? Must have been quite the roll, you ok? There is a Honda site on line that is a lot more affordable than Heartland Honda or Rainbow Honda. You can find it by Googling it. When you get back together give me a holler, we'll go ride. @PaulF would be a good one to talk to about suspension up grades. Best of luck to you!

Yea im ok. more upset from rolling my ride more than anything. My simpson d3 harness did its job and kept me from getting any bumps or bruises. My neighbor has a video of me rolling. I rolled 5 times when I was on the track at rush springs. First time I ever took it there too lol. Ill love to go ride with you. My neighbor was more upset than I was because he lost his riding partner for awhile. He has a 4 door talon. Even if it takes awhile for me to go riding, I would love to meet ya and hang out for a few sometime. Thanks for the info.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum. Lots nice folks and help. Glad no one hurt badly.

I know it's hard to look at, but you'll get it back on shape and just hold everyone else's beer while they roll over. That's where I'm at now! With age comes the cage is what my dirt bike buddies say .

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 100Acre
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yea im ok. more upset from rolling my ride more than anything. My simpson d3 harness did its job and kept me from getting any bumps or bruises. My neighbor has a video of me rolling. I rolled 5 times when I was on the track at rush springs. First time I ever took it there too lol. Ill love to go ride with you. My neighbor was more upset than I was because he lost his riding partner for awhile. He has a 4 door talon. Even if it takes awhile for me to go riding, I would love to meet ya and hang out for a few sometime. Thanks for the info.
Don't think your as hurt as you think you are? I was expecting sheared suspension, @PaulF is the go to guy here for answers. Lets ride!

Reactions: TxDoc
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Don't think your as hurt as you think you are? I was expecting sheared suspension, @PaulF is the go to guy here for answers. Lets ride!
@PaulF is going through some stuff, so might take awhile?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not sure why you think I am the go to suspension guy, especially on the X model (I own an R and the rear suspension is completely different).

Anyhow, that looks like some pretty bad damage and the frame is most likely bent in multiple places. It will NEVER be right again. Turn it into your insurance and let them total it and get a new one and start over.

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Here are some updates.

I took the cage completely off. it had a lot of tension on it. I also took apart some of the front suspension. I've been trying to find someone local that can help me fix my frame. Still working on that. Im also looking at who to get a cage from and what kind of cage I want to go with. Plus I've been selling a lot of things to come up with the money to fix this thing. Most of my demolition derby stuff and engine parts are going for sale unfortunately. Here are some pics.

Busted rack and pinion
Cage off talon

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here are some updates.

I took the cage completely off. it had a lot of tension on it. I also took apart some of the front suspension. I've been trying to find someone local that can help me fix my frame. Still working on that. Im also looking at who to get a cage from and what kind of cage I want to go with. Plus I've been selling a lot of things to come up with the money to fix this thing. Most of my demolition derby stuff and engine parts are going for sale unfortunately. Here are some pics.

View attachment 238928View attachment 238929
Drivers side took a big hit!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing