I rolled my Talon and I need help getting replacement parts

J

JTW

Not sure why you think I am the go to suspension guy, especially on the X model (I own an R and the rear suspension is completely different).

Anyhow, that looks like some pretty bad damage and the frame is most likely bent in multiple places. It will NEVER be right again. Turn it into your insurance and let them total it and get a new one and start over.
This is the best advice!!

advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea im ok. more upset from rolling my ride more than anything. My simpson d3 harness did its job and kept me from getting any bumps or bruises. My neighbor has a video of me rolling. I rolled 5 times when I was on the track at rush springs. First time I ever took it there too lol. Ill love to go ride with you. My neighbor was more upset than I was because he lost his riding partner for awhile. He has a 4 door talon. Even if it takes awhile for me to go riding, I would love to meet ya and hang out for a few sometime. Thanks for the info.
I have seen more than a few rigs get messed up on that track. Glad your ok. Rush is a decent place once you learn all the trails

Reactions: Adam490
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here are some updates.

I took the cage completely off. it had a lot of tension on it. I also took apart some of the front suspension. I've been trying to find someone local that can help me fix my frame. Still working on that. Im also looking at who to get a cage from and what kind of cage I want to go with. Plus I've been selling a lot of things to come up with the money to fix this thing. Most of my demolition derby stuff and engine parts are going for sale unfortunately. Here are some pics.

View attachment 238928View attachment 238929
There are a couple places by us (live in Bella Vista) that make cages. TQR (I believe) is up outside Joplin and then there is a place in Springdale that the name escapes me at the moment

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Off the wall question.Do you,most people,,,,have collision insurance?I don’t,However the fact that the pioneer carriers more than two.Before u can register it in Nevada,u have to have liability insurance to protect ur passengers.
Looking at ur pictures.bcf cage ,long travel a arms.reasemble,adjust alignment,let er rip

J

JTW

Off the wall question.Do you,most people,,,,have collision insurance?I don’t,However the fact that the pioneer carriers more than two.Before u can register it in Nevada,u have to have liability insurance to protect ur passengers.
My machines are under a rider on my homeowners.. it’s around $400 a year and takes care of liability and full replacement with a $1000 deductible.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My machines are under a rider on my homeowners.. it’s around $400 a year and takes care of liability and full replacement with a $1000 deductible.
Well that’s something to be considered.Ilet a lot of family members and friends drive my machine s.in the back of my mind I fear the worst and hope for the best

Reactions: Mudwing and JTW
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well that’s something to be considered.Ilet a lot of family members and friends drive my machine s.in the back of my mind I fear the worst and hope for the best
So thanx for the advice

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
It is so cheap to insure these and it baffles me why anyone would not. Considering the amount of damage they sustain and the liability involved, especially with any sport machine.

I have FULL coverage including $500,000 liability, Comp, Collision and even $3000 for "Custom Parts and Equipment" for a big whopping $232/year. I could have gone cheap for around $185 but decided the extra coverage was well worth it.

My Talon is insured better than most people have for their car insurance :)

advertisement
J

JTW

It is so cheap to insure these and it baffles me why anyone would not. Considering the amount of damage they sustain and the liability involved, especially with any sport machine.

I have FULL coverage including $500,000 liability, Comp, Collision and even $3000 for "Custom Parts and Equipment" for a big whopping $232/year. I could have gone cheap for around $185 but decided the extra coverage was well worth it.

Who’s yours through?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

Those numbers are non-existent down here in south Louisiana. Ours about double that. I can't believe they even insure UTV/ATV here, I see them pulled brand new off the trailer and 20 minutes later getting pulled out of the mud with pieces and parts dangling off sunk in the mud, smoking. A guy we helped pull a sunk RZR 1000-4 Turbo S with 3 miles on it out of a pond told me he'd have a new one by the weekend after he claimed it on his insurance. I think that was his 3rd or 4th machine. Just crazy

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Im going to meet up with a local guy on seeing if he can repair my drivers side on monday. If he is able then its game on from there.

Reactions: Isaiah
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
unfortunately no there wasn't. I talked to my insurance and they wanted 185.00 a month for insurance on it. At this time I cant afford to pay that with all the other things I have going on.
Wow that is pricey! If I recall correctly my son's dirtbike, our P500, the two 400 EX's and the Ninja are all together around $400 a year. I'm currently through SafeCo (which is really Liberty Mutual), but I've been through Progressive before as well. I'd call an insurance broker and let them do some shopping for you. I do it every year.

I hope you can get it patched up and get back to riding soon.

Reactions: Isaiah
amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Wow that is pricey! If I recall correctly my son's dirtbike, our P500, the two 400 EX's and the Ninja are all together around $400 a year. I'm currently through SafeCo (which is really Liberty Mutual), but I've been through Progressive before as well. I'd call an insurance broker and let them do some shopping for you. I do it every year.

I hope you can get it patched up and get back to riding soon.

I have allstate for all my insurance( house, 2 cars, motorcycle, car hauler, umbrella policy and something else I can't remember). When I was at rush springs last weekend, I mentioned it to a few riders since they heard about my accident and they also told me to shop around. Once this gets rebuilt thats what Im going to do.

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have allstate for all my insurance( house, 2 cars, motorcycle, car hauler, umbrella policy and something else I can't remember). When I was at rush springs last weekend, I mentioned it to a few riders since they heard about my accident and they also told me to shop around. Once this gets rebuilt thats what Im going to do.
Don't be afraid to split the policies among insurers either. I know the general thought is it is always cheaper to insure everything through one company, but while often true that isn't ALWAYS the case. I've probably changed insurers 7 out of 10 years that I've been using a broker to shop me around.

Reactions: CID and TripleB
amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Don't be afraid to split the policies among insurers either. I know the general thought is it is always cheaper to insure everything through one company, but while often true that isn't ALWAYS the case. I've probably changed insurers 7 out of 10 years that I've been using a broker to shop me around.

I will definitely do that. This is totally off topic, but I see your from Canton Ohio. My family lives in Minerva Ohio. Im actually flying up there in a few hours to spend the weekend with them.

advertisement