I rolled my Talon and I need help getting replacement parts

Josh97stang

Josh97stang

Sep 12, 2020
Sheridan, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
after talking to honda today, they are going to work with me since my steering box "broke" which caused me to roll. I might get this all taken care of but im not holding my breath.

Good luck. Hope it works in your favor.

Reactions: Smitty335
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
It is so cheap to insure these and it baffles me why anyone would not. Considering the amount of damage they sustain and the liability involved, especially with any sport machine.

I have FULL coverage including $500,000 liability, Comp, Collision and even $3000 for "Custom Parts and Equipment" for a big whopping $232/year. I could have gone cheap for around $185 but decided the extra coverage was well worth it.

My Talon is insured better than most people have for their car insurance :)
I have a similar policy, but with 10K in custom parts. The main policy covers the base machine and it’s a separate ryder for the accessories. The mods add up quickly. It was $400 for the year. I used it once. 14K in damage an labor. My policy went to $750 for the year. Still worth every penny.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
What?.......is that the upper end of the virgin river drainage
A little late but that's the Hite Overlook, upper end of Lake Powell - 100Acre shows the Google Earth photo (first pic).

This is the boat ramp at Hite (shown in the GE pic), 100Acre was off to the top right of this photo.
I n9nWRbP XL

This is the bridge in his fourth photo.
I kG9cmcV XL

And this is the boat ramp from the overlook, to the right of Dan's photos.
I NXPXG3s XL

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
**Update**

I was at Honda today to talk about my issue. The factory warranty isn't going to cover anything since I took apart the broken parts. They told me that If I wouldn't have touched it, they would have worked with me. So I'm going to be paying out of pocket for everything. Meanwhile my radius bars and tie rods are on there way as we speak. Im upset but Im over it. Im going to build it the way I want it. Ill post pics once I start putting it back together.

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
20210103 131521

Its still a work in progress but this is what I installed last night. Radius arms from jsportsxs. They are beefy. I also have the tie rods from them as well. Just waiting on buying a steering box first before I install them

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
**Update**

I was at Honda today to talk about my issue. The factory warranty isn't going to cover anything since I took apart the broken parts. They told me that If I wouldn't have touched it, they would have worked with me. So I'm going to be paying out of pocket for everything. Meanwhile my radius bars and tie rods are on there way as we speak. Im upset but Im over it. Im going to build it the way I want it. Ill post pics once I start putting it back together.
I think they gave you a bulls*** excuse. They probably weren't paying for it anyway based on the other threads here of stuff Honda isn't paying for.

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
I think they gave you a bulls*** excuse. They probably weren't paying for it anyway based on the other threads here of stuff Honda isn't paying for.

I do agree with you on what they told me. Im looking at re wrapping my talon with different graphics once it gets put back together. I have it mostly stripped down to the frame so I can get my frame section fixed. I didnt want anything to catch on fire once we start heating up the frame. Ill make it through this. I just have hurdles that are in front of me now that I need to jump over. Once that happens, Ill be back out riding.

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
***Update***

Hey guys its been a while since I've last posted. Finally received my steering box yesterday. Im still waiting on a few more suspension parts, but my goal is to have the box and everything that I have installed this weekend. Im still looking at cage builders. I contacted Raceco about their cage. I like it but wow its expensive. Any feedback or pictures of your cages and comments to help me make my choice easier would be greatly appreciated.

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
.....Update......

After months of being on jack stands, its almost completely on the ground. Front suspension is almost together. Still waiting on a few more parts. Once those parts come in, it will be moving. Ill take it to my buddies vocational school( he is the auto tech teacher and I get free reign to use the shop hehe) when we will bend the bent frame back to its original position. After that Ill contact my frame builder to brace it up. Once that's done my cage and new control arms will be here. Time to start reassemble. Im looking forward to getting back into the seat.

Talon pic 6 Talon pic 7

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
.....Update.....

She moves out of the garage finally. Front end suspension is done. Alignment is complete. Now to the bad part. Went to do the rear alignment since I have adjusting radius rods. Found out my driver side rear lower control arm is now bent. What else can I find that is bent or needing replaced. So if anyone is getting rid of a Drivers side rear lower control arm that is still straight let me know. I really dont feel like spending 370.00 for a new one lol.

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Sorry for the long delay on responding back to this. A lot has been going on with me and this got pushed into my back garage for a while. New cage is here. I love it. Just got it back from the dealer on me losing reverse while unloading it off the trailer. I still need to bend my A pillar to get my cage on. Ill post pics of the new cage later this evening.

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
**Update again***

I took my rig up to Neosho Mo to a builder/ fabricator called TQR. Very nice people to talk to. After they looked at my frame damaged, they said it would be easier for me to buy a new frame then it would to try to bend back my A post. Once I get the new frame, they would gusset up all the weak points for me if I wanted. Which if I go that route Im probably going to do. They also recommended me if I didnt want to do that to find a collision shop that would be willing to use a frame straightener to fix it. Once again more money that I really dont have to fix this project. So my question for you guys is should I just buy a new frame, get it gusseted where it needs to be, and know everything should like up properly or find a collision shop and hopefully they can bend it back to the proper angle and try to gusset it where it was bent. I have the part number for a new frame (50100-hl6-a002a) and going to see if the Honda dealer close to me can be cheaper then the few sites I looked at. If I do go with the new frame, then Ill have to figure out how to transfer everything over from the old frame to the new. Feels like its going to be a pain in the a$$. Any help, comments, or suggestions are welcomed. Thanks again for every one following me with my project.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just looked up that part number on ronayers.com because they're often cheaper on big stuff, and it was around $3450. The part number I found is actually

50100-HL6-A00ZA​

(Z near the end instead of 2)

H

HondaTech

I just looked up that part number on ronayers.com because they're often cheaper on big stuff, and it was around $3450. The part number I found is actually

50100-HL6-A00ZA​

(Z near the end instead of 2)

Theyll never ship anything that big. Honda wont drop ship parts to customers and it cost a fortune to ship those frames.

You could almost live in the box they come in.