Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
**Update again***

I took my rig up to Neosho Mo to a builder/ fabricator called TQR. Very nice people to talk to. After they looked at my frame damaged, they said it would be easier for me to buy a new frame then it would to try to bend back my A post. Once I get the new frame, they would gusset up all the weak points for me if I wanted. Which if I go that route Im probably going to do. They also recommended me if I didnt want to do that to find a collision shop that would be willing to use a frame straightener to fix it. Once again more money that I really dont have to fix this project. So my question for you guys is should I just buy a new frame, get it gusseted where it needs to be, and know everything should like up properly or find a collision shop and hopefully they can bend it back to the proper angle and try to gusset it where it was bent. I have the part number for a new frame (50100-hl6-a002a) and going to see if the Honda dealer close to me can be cheaper then the few sites I looked at. If I do go with the new frame, then Ill have to figure out how to transfer everything over from the old frame to the new. Feels like its going to be a pain in the a$$. Any help, comments, or suggestions are welcomed. Thanks again for every one following me with my project.
Do you have any pics of the a post?
a shop can pull things around, in fact I’ve got to do a little of that on mine, but one thing to really watch for is once a tube is bent even a little it looses a ton of strength. You can usually find where it’s bent by broken paint.
Now if it’s just tweaked slightly it’s not to big of a deal, that’ll pull around fine and shops can do that but it can be a bit tricky to do it right on a tube chassis because there’s no designated tie down spots like a car.
But areas that were pulled it may be good idea to gusset, that in itself someone needs to be careful because these use a thin high strength steel, if get it too hot it looses strength

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Do you have any pics of the a post?
a shop can pull things around, in fact I’ve got to do a little of that on mine, but one thing to really watch for is once a tube is bent even a little it looses a ton of strength. You can usually find where it’s bent by broken paint.
Now if it’s just tweaked slightly it’s not to big of a deal, that’ll pull around fine and shops can do that but it can be a bit tricky to do it right on a tube chassis because there’s no designated tie down spots like a car.
But areas that were pulled it may be good idea to gusset, that in itself someone needs to be careful because these use a thin high strength steel, if get it too hot it looses strength

Here are the pics of my bent frame

Bent frame 3 Bent frame 2 Bent frame

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn’t @PaulF have a contact for a new frame recently for a decent price? Might be worth a drive to pick up if still available.

W

Wilde767

Aug 22, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
May have missed if it’s a 2 or 4 seater, but here’s one for sale in Utah if you’re not too far. Not sure whats a good price though.

Reactions: ChadD
amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
May have missed if it’s a 2 or 4 seater, but here’s one for sale in Utah if you’re not too far. Not sure whats a good price though.

Thanks for telling me about this. Mine is a 2 seater though. I just need to get my taxes done so I can put some money towards a new frame and try to find someone to transfer all of it over to the new frame as well. Im working 2 jobs at the moment and I have no time at all to do anything.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
for reference - just looked at my policy, $156 a year for $100k liability, comprehensive\collision\etc. - yes grouped with autos\home

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
for reference - just looked at my policy, $156 a year for $100k liability, comprehensive\collision\etc. - yes grouped with autos\home

If you dont mind me asking, who do you have your policy through. Im going to get insurance once I get this thing put back together.

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
advertisement
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
there are a couple of frames on eBay - one states brand new

Reactions: Smitty335
amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
**** UPDATE*****

I just moved to the Columbus Ohio area. I took a better job offer so I no longer live in Arkansas. Now my question is, are there any sxs fab shops in the Columbus area. If there is, I'm curious if they could help me bent my frame back to where it needs to be. My talon is still in Arkansas until I buy a house. I just want to get some ideas to who can fix my frame issue and talk to them personally before I bring my talon to Ohio. I really dont want to buy another frame if I dont have to . If it does come to it that I have to get a new frame then I will. It will take me a while to get it fixed if that is the case. So any info and help would be greatly appreciated.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
**** UPDATE*****

I just moved to the Columbus Ohio area. I took a better job offer so I no longer live in Arkansas. Now my question is, are there any sxs fab shops in the Columbus area. If there is, I'm curious if they could help me bent my frame back to where it needs to be. My talon is still in Arkansas until I buy a house. I just want to get some ideas to who can fix my frame issue and talk to them personally before I bring my talon to Ohio. I really dont want to buy another frame if I dont have to . If it does come to it that I have to get a new frame then I will. It will take me a while to get it fixed if that is the case. So any info and help would be greatly appreciated.
I, too, live in central Ohio. Lived here my whole life and never heard of any shops that specifically deal in sxs fab work. That's not to say there aren't any, just that I'm not aware of any. You might hit up some of the Jeep/4x4 fab shops. I'm pretty sure we've got a ton of those around. They might be able to steer you in a better direction.

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
I, too, live in central Ohio. Lived here my whole life and never heard of any shops that specifically deal in sxs fab work. That's not to say there aren't any, just that I'm not aware of any. You might hit up some of the Jeep/4x4 fab shops. I'm pretty sure we've got a ton of those around. They might be able to steer you in a better direction.
Thanks for the tip. Ill do some research this week and see what I can come up with.

Reactions: Backwoods
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I forgot to ask. I have no idea where to ride around here. So any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly apricated.
If you've got anything besides the Talon that's under 50" width, you can go to Wayne National Forest.

I think Perry allows over 50". There are also some ride parks in southeastern Ohio.

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
***Update***

Im so terrible at doing this lol. Its been awhile since I last posted. A lot has been done. My talon is now here with me at my house in Chillicothe Ohio. It stayed at my old neighbors house in Arkansas until I bought a house in Ohio. Once It pulled into my new garage I went to work on it. Between getting the old parts I had in storage in Ohio from the move to buying aftermarket parts for this thing, the last few months have been fun. Crap I'm jumping the gun. Let me back up for a few. I drove back to Arkansas to pick up my talon from being at my old neighbors house. During that time we put my new roll cage on ( which was a real pain in the a$$). We found out my frame was bent more then I thought. Anyhow. I took it out one last time in Missouri. I can tell you I missed driving it. I had so much fun. Granted it didn't look right for missing half of the panels on it. Ill post pics after I type this cause they are on my phone and Im at my computer. The ride went awesome. Anyhow, once I got it to my new place then the work began. I have a long list of aftermarket parts that I installed to the new plastic body panels that I've been getting. Still waiting on back orders so I haven't received everything. Ill post pics and part numbers of everything I installed. I thought I had someone to fix my frame but they backed out once I brought it up here. I was recommended by the person who built my cage to call a person. I just haven't done it yet. Overall its getting back to being a talon. Just has a lot of upgrades. Ill post pics here very soon.

advertisement