P1000 I want to extend all of my vent lines, info, locations needed please

JasonJ

JasonJ

Jan 5, 2016
North MS
So after having the unfortunate event of sucking water into the gas tank and sub trans this weekend, I want to extend all of the vent lines upwards. Is there a list on here of what all needs to be extended, and how to locate all of them? The only ones I'm familiar with right now is the fuel tank and sub trans that vents into the seat frame under the cushion. I've seen guys mention about 7 or 8 lines in various threads but don't remember where, even a fan motor I think??? I used the oil change tutorials on here Sunday and it made things really easy. It would be awesome to have a list and pics of all vent lines all in one location as a resource on here.

Reactions: Madore128
Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
Me too!

I want to do this, as well.

I like the idea of the bellows
where possible, but I couldn't
find that thread when I looked
for it.

John

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Careful with the bellows - I ordered a set and they were very stiff - to the point that I don't think they would do much better than just plugging the vents. The arctic cat bellows are softer and I have used them before.

Waylan

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just got back from royal blue and a lot of deep water riding. I checked all fluids and none of the bellows leaked. We spent an hour in the creek.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Reactions: Delton
walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got back from royal blue and a lot of deep water riding. I checked all fluids and none of the bellows leaked. We spent an hour in the creek.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Hey joeymt33,

Wasn't trying to imply that the bellows would leak water in - my primary concern with the very stiff bellows is that they really don't expand/contract as intended, and could possibly blow a seal under the right conditions. I know that Jackal wrote that he went to remove the dipstick on his subtranny and it jumped up about 6" or so because of the pressure that had built up.

I've run bellows before, but they were from arctic cat and were softer and actually expanded and contracted.

But good to know you have had no issues with yours........I may be overly concerned for nothing.

Waylan

Reactions: joeymt33 and JACKAL
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought and put on the Arctic Cat bellow...they are white and are not at all stiff. I will have to look at where exactly I got them but similar prices to others.

jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
I bought and put on the Arctic Cat bellow...they are white and are not at all stiff. I will have to look at where exactly I got them but similar prices to others.
Where are you guys ordering the bellows from, I'd like to order some. Can all lines be bellowed or do some still need to be vented?

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fuel tank needs to be vented, but I think everything else can be bellowed.

Poly Performance has the stiff ones - Arctic cat dealers (or online parts) would have the softer ones.

Waylan

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So after having the unfortunate event of sucking water into the gas tank and sub trans this weekend, I want to extend all of the vent lines upwards. Is there a list on here of what all needs to be extended, and how to locate all of them? The only ones I'm familiar with right now is the fuel tank and sub trans that vents into the seat frame under the cushion. I've seen guys mention about 7 or 8 lines in various threads but don't remember where, even a fan motor I think??? I used the oil change tutorials on here Sunday and it made things really easy. It would be awesome to have a list and pics of all vent lines all in one location as a resource on here.

Read up on my build thread or @joeymt33 build thread each shows running the vent line up on the fuel cell and putting bellows on the front diff, rear diff, and sub-transmission.

Reactions: Delton and joeymt33
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!