BOX1

P500 ID windshield

K

KPM

Nov 25, 2021
Prairieville LA
Ownership

1. 500
Can anyone ID what windshield this is? I cannot for the life of my figure out how to remove it. The top is easy to remove by unclamping the rops clamp but I can’t figure out how to remove the bottom clamps without possibly breaking them. I’m pretty sure this is a Honda windshield but I looked online and YouTube with no instructions or videos on how to remove it.

I bought this used and tried to ask the previous owner but he has ghosted me!
IMG 4810

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K

KPM

Nov 25, 2021
Prairieville LA
Ownership

1. 500
I was able to break it down (unscrew with all of the washers etc) but can’t figure out the screw. Is it supposed to screw out as well? If so it’s probably rusted. Without moving the screw I can’t figure out how to get the windshield totaling off without trying to push the plastic channel around the screw/bolt. I’m fearful that’s going to break if I do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The lock lever unscrews, then there's a concaved rubber washer behind it, then a flat washer, then a spacer that goes through the half moon thing, another flat washer on the back side of that and the threaded rod screws into the clamp that has a captured nut. From that point it is the allen screw that screws into a captured nut holding the clamp on.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yep, with the lower clamp long bolt, I rotate the clamp to help clear the slotted lever. Separating it to pull off the ROPS seems like it would break, but hasn’t. Could have been a better design for sure. I tried to make up a lower clamp with extra OEM quick clamps but gave up, new bolt head protruded against the ROPS.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Love the half shield for the warmer months so have put the full shield on like 5 times and taken it off like 5 times. It's a dozen piece pita but it's solid and functions well. The tilting ability is what made it complicated. Mine doesn't get much of a chance to rot in place and can only imagine what a b**** it would be if things weren't coming apart. Like Mark said, hit it with Blaster.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!