P500 I'm tall, will a P500 fit me?

N

Navistar82

May 8, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm thinking of selling my ATV and jumping into a P500. Dealers in my area still aren't open so I can't see one in person yet but I'm curious how all the tall owners of the pioneer 500 fit in it. I'm 6'6" and 240lbs.

I use my 570 Sportsman for utility, hunting and ground maintenance. I want to keep the same footprint so I can maneuver easily in the wood spraying weeds and dragging deer out.

Bottom line...will I fit in a pioneer 500?

Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm 6'9" and I do fit in it although don't expect to move your left leg any as there is absolutely no room to shift your left foot. After a long day of riding my knee begins to really hurt. If you can afford it, get a 1000-5. You won't regret it. Also if you install the super Atv flip up windshield, you'll have to duck down to see through it when it's open. Get a 1000 and welcome from Gulliver. These people on here are all wee folk and Liliputians...

N

Navistar82

May 8, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I really won't be riding on trails, it'll be used around the homestead. 1000-5 is out of my wheelhouse in price and size.

Thanks for the quick response and glad to know I can fit in one!

Reactions: Isaiah and 100Acre
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I’m only 5’11 and use my P500 90% for property maintenance, spraying, hauling and like the easy in/out seat height, (especially with the door bungee corded open). Wife uses it just as much for gardening and landscape chores. Small size machine fits my needs and its still capable for hitting the rough hills/mud. It may not be as refined as the other models but it is a tough dependable machine for the price point.

The open rear rack allows many options for oversized cargo or boxes attached with single bolt conduit clamps for easy attachments to rack tubes. You may have seen this thread on cargo rack possibilities, but just in case not..

N

Navistar82

May 8, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for your reply and the link. No I didn't see that link, my research has just begun. I work in industrial maintenance so I have conduit clamps galore available to me.

Your use is the same for me, I want something ATV size but that can fit two comfortably, possibly me and our two young boys or my wife and our kids. For my needs Id rather have the back rack than a dump bed.

With no front dif lock does the 500 still do well with basic chores, no mudding?

Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’ve never had one but spent lots of time driving and riding around one, yes they are capable.
There is a lock front end available aftermarket as well. I think you’d be surprised though at what it’ll do without the locker, really only needed when really slick or climbing downed trees/rocky climbs.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thanks for your reply and the link. No I didn't see that link, my research has just begun. I work in industrial maintenance so I have conduit clamps galore available to me.

Your use is the same for me, I want something ATV size but that can fit two comfortably, possibly me and our two young boys or my wife and our kids. For my needs Id rather have the back rack than a dump bed.

With no front dif lock does the 500 still do well with basic chores, no mudding?

Thanks
I ran two years before the locker, muddin and all. Having a winch would be my suggestion, for chores and for the rare chance of getting stuck. 3500lb at least. My $110 HF 3500 has been doing fine for 3 years, also added an aftermarket wireless remote for chores. Never selling it!

D9C9A2DF A0F1 4A4D B0A8 0C3199C399EC 36EB5309 8D8D 40BC 9EC4 2AF62FCA2C82 7DB849A5 2CBA 4621 ABA3 0A32D004DD1E

B

Bruce4795

Dec 12, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I'm thinking of selling my ATV and jumping into a P500. Dealers in my area still aren't open so I can't see one in person yet but I'm curious how all the tall owners of the pioneer 500 fit in it. I'm 6'6" and 240lbs.

I use my 570 Sportsman for utility, hunting and ground maintenance. I want to keep the same footprint so I can maneuver easily in the wood spraying weeds and dragging deer out.

Thanks
Might see if you can find one to sit in first to make sure. I’m 6 feet and 170 lbs and no issues.

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I’m not sure if you bought one yet or not but I just bought one, I’m 6’5 315lbs and I fit pretty good. It has more hip and shoulder room than any other 50” sxs. They all have issues for you left foot because the front tire is there.

Reactions: Isaiah and 500oneer
BURNDOG

BURNDOG

Sep 4, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks
I’m 6-1 and 210. I never sit or saw one except in YouTube reviews. I picked it up just a couple days ago. I think it is very comfortable for a small utv. I was surprised when I actually saw it at the dealer. I was actually expecting a lesser machine. Yeah it’s small but I was impressed with its heft. I’m extremely happy with everything. Except that in manual it downshifts by itself. But I can live with that. Mines for farm use as well as fun. It will probably never leave the property so no heavy muddin or hard core trail bashing.
It’s a little tank dude.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Le Goato

Reactions: Mudder
BURNDOG

BURNDOG

Sep 4, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
That bothered me also at first. I've grown to like it, actually.
It was kind of a WTF? moment for me the first couple times it did it. But it really only does it at low speed/rpm’s.
And to be fair,our challenger did the same thing in paddle shift mode when slowing down/low rpm’s if I didn’t down shift.Just not as pronounced as the pioneer tranny. Just keep the revs on the up and it’s all paddle play.Cant wait for the rain so I can get it out in the muddy fields.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’m 6-1 and 210. I never sit or saw one except in YouTube reviews. I picked it up just a couple days ago. I think it is very comfortable for a small utv. I was surprised when I actually saw it at the dealer. I was actually expecting a lesser machine. Yeah it’s small but I was impressed with its heft. I’m extremely happy with everything. Except that in manual it downshifts by itself. But I can live with that. Mines for farm use as well as fun. It will probably never leave the property so no heavy muddin or hard core trail bashing.
It’s a little tank dude.
Sure, never leave the farm, we've heard that before! HA!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’m extremely happy with everything. Except that in manual it downshifts by itself.
Yeah, it’s not really manual, but all Honda SXS’s are the same....🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BURNDOG

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!