Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 2
Tech said its really not necessary to check the clutches when update is done unless the owner complains about something or if it has higher mies on it. His thought is to check them regardless as he already has it opened up. Hard to believe clutches are at fault when they were inspected. If it were a clutch issue wouldn't you see same/similar behavior in manual mode?? Wonder if it has something to do with the reprogramming of computer/shifting patterns or if something isn't adjusted right after putting everything back together. Either way I will take it out on another drive and go from there. If it continues to be an issue I will have to take it back. Couple months left on the warranty. Bummer!! DCT is still growing on me. Its like a love/hate relationship. Anyway appreciate the input. It'll get fixed just a PITA to deal with especially when it was fine prior to taking it in. Yamaha needs to put the new twin in the Wolverine r-spec with a dump bed and we may have a winner! Just sayin :)

My 2017 P100-3 was strange after the cover mod. I reprogrammed the clutch and its been smooth ever since.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 2

My 2017 P100-3 was strange after the cover mod. I reprogrammed the clutch and its been smooth ever since.

With just over 120 miles my shifter started showing 2WD Lock in Turf mode. Pulled cover, way off. Found out must be in Park and 2WD Lock for adjustments. Did that and sensors and shifter work immediately and easy to move lever. Manual says put in 2WD, doesn't say 2WD Lock.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!