ATV Indicator lights on '96 Foreman 400

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have three indicator lights that are mounted on the plastic cowling covering the handle bars. Today my Reverse light went out, but it came on for a little while after I moved the wires behind the light. Do these lights come out by popping them out with a screwdriver? I thought I'd switch the light that indicates "TEMP" with the reverse light since the overhead sensor doesn't seem to work anyhow (the "Temp" light come on and off randomly).

I just don't want to pry out the lights and crate a problem. FYI there are 3 lights mounted on the handle bar cover, 1) Reverse, 2) Neutral, and 3) Temp. Thanks for any info.

Reactions: Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have three indicator lights that are mounted on the plastic cowling covering the handle bars. Today my Reverse light went out, but it came on for a little while after I moved the wires behind the light. Do these lights come out by popping them out with a screwdriver? I thought I'd switch the light that indicates "TEMP" with the reverse light since the overhead sensor doesn't seem to work anyhow (the "Temp" light come on and off randomly).

I just don't want to pry out the lights and crate a problem. FYI there are 3 lights mounted on the handle bar cover, 1) Reverse, 2) Neutral, and 3) Temp. Thanks for any info.
I think they pop out. When my neutral light went out I looked once and ever since I go down to reverse and pull up one in to neutral since the lights out lol

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't even think my temp light works either lol its Been tough as nails Im never easy on it! I never hardly used it for work but it will tow the pioneer 1000 when I ran out of gas it struggled A good bit on the hills I need too fix it. Its sitting in the garage with a broken ball joint and tie rod!

H

HondaTech

The socket probably needs adjusted. The bulbs can be difficult to get out without shattering the bulbs.

The sockets are hardwired into a sub harness.

Thr "temp" light is probably acting up because of a bad fan control box. They are known to go bad and turn the light on without triggering the fan. Its too bad the box isn't avaliable anymore.

Reactions: Isaiah and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!