BOX1

20" Lightbar, Installation on ATV and func. only when keyed-on.

W

William_Martin

Jun 6, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi. Bought a lightbar wiring harness to hook up my very first lightbar. It's 160W Lightbar and wanting to install on my Honda fourwheeler.

Anyone who has knowledge of the process, would really appreciate if I can have your guidance.

Basically, I want to only have the lightbar functional when ATV is keyed-on. The lightbar wiring harness that has in-line fused followed by the relay near one end closest to where you install to the battery.

Instead of the battery just instead hook into the Honda accessory sub-harness and keeping the in-line fuse and relay and all untouched? Or that isn't right or it should be hooked directly to the battery?

Read someplace about hooking it to the battery but doing something with the toggle switch, but no details for my scenario.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have a volt meter?
Need to see if the light actuall pulls 13 amps or is it less. Like 6 amps.

If it pulls under 10 amps. You can wire to the accessory socket.

If its more than 10a. I recomend a relay which should be to the battery. You can use the accessory socket as the key-on trigger wire.

Ok.
Hope that helped.

Reactions: TripleB and Russ989
W

William_Martin

Jun 6, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi. I have one some-where's not sure If I remember how to correctly use it, been so long LOL. Thought to get the amps is to use formula W / DC-V battery ( 160W / 12V = 13.33amps. ) I do have Honda Sub-harness, Part #08Z01-HR3-A20, allows for Winch and " Work light " installs.

Light bar is this one on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RV83UUG/?tag=sxsweb24-20

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!