RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Inferno Cab Heater installation video - finally here. It's long - almost an hour, but that's why you have a fast forward button. I hope this makes it easier for you to do your own installation! As usual, all original music.

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thanks for all the help and wisdom I have learned from you guys to do these mods! - @TripleB @Lady01 @Wellzy @ACfixer @Mudwing @TxDoc @Prntckt @Honda_Dave @Spoonbill @Wxbee @TexasTodd @grallison14 @rthomas9107 @Hking94 @bwetzel @John79042 @Russ989 @Smitty335 @Scott5150 @JeremieBaker @Hondasxs @Haldog77 @GoinForARip @Plumber32 @Todd627 @Sarbuck @aleaddict @Tmorg @bumperm @Jmalec @hopeicanaffordthis @buttesink @sebowen @riverjetter @A29Adriver @solrus - and apologies to those I neglected to thank.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
thanks for all the help and wisdom I have learned from you guys to do these mods! - @TripleB @Lady01 @Wellzy @ACfixer @Mudwing @TxDoc @Prntckt @Honda_Dave @Spoonbill @Wxbee @TexasTodd @grallison14 @rthomas9107 @Hking94 @bwetzel @John79042 @Russ989 @Smitty335 @Scott5150 @JeremieBaker @Hondasxs @Haldog77 @GoinForARip @Plumber32 @Todd627 @Sarbuck @aleaddict @Tmorg @bumperm @Jmalec @hopeicanaffordthis @buttesink @sebowen @riverjetter @A29Adriver @solrus - and apologies to those I neglected to thank.
Well I'm just a hack so any info I pass along, I've learned it from someone else on this site.

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My Inferno Cab Heater installation video - finally here. It's long - almost an hour, but that's why you have a fast forward button. I hope this makes it easier for you to do your own installation! As usual, all original music.

Well done Rob! Really nice work on the explanation and video! The rubber air hose grommets were clever idea.

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Me too!! Seriously was hoping to be there this year but we sold our house of 20 years and don’t have a place to live yet. Bought a 6 acre horse pasture to build a little retirement cottage but don’t have the plans or permits yet - so will have to rent somewhere for a year or so. I have to go from 6 garages to probably none - so you know that is going to be painful!!
After I downsize and move - I should be in a better position to join the takeover rascals

advertisement
Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
@RobSparre
Any suggestions on ensuring you have zero bubbles in the lines?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Still trying to understand why you would buy a "heater" when the machine will naturally give you plenty of it. Everyone is trying to reduce heat and people are putting heaters on a hot machine to begin with. don't make sense to me!

Reactions: WagginTail
Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Still trying to understand why you would buy a "heater" when the machine will naturally give you plenty of it. Everyone is trying to reduce heat and people are putting heaters on a hot machine to begin with. don't make sense to me!
I live in Alaska man……the engine heat by itself doesn’t warm cab enough by itself much less keep the front window from fogging in the winter time. It fogs up pretty bad when raining out or crossing rivers too so a legit defrost will be welcomed.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I live in Alaska man……the engine heat by itself doesn’t warm cab enough by itself much less keep the front window from fogging in the winter time. It fogs up pretty bad when raining out or crossing rivers too so a legit defrost will be welcomed.
Well that makes sense! Lol. Good luck

Reactions: RobSparre
RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@RobSparre
Any suggestions on ensuring you have zero bubbles in the lines?
I am not an expert but my experience was to work quickly when the hoses are exposed. I did not have any trouble with air in the lines.

The instructions from the manufacturer gave some suggestions on how to work any air out in the lines and I’m afraid I don’t have them handy at the moment. I will see if I can find them….

Happy trails

Happy trails

Sep 12, 2021
Peoria arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not an expert but my experience was to work quickly when the hoses are exposed. I did not have any trouble with air in the lines.

The instructions from the manufacturer gave some suggestions on how to work any air out in the lines and I’m afraid I don’t have them handy at the moment. I will see if I can find them….
Here is what I did. Put the heater on the bench with the core lines up. Remove the caps and fill the heater with colant and put the caps back on. Leave the caps on while you mount the heater. Crimp the coolant line you will be splicing into as advised by @RobSparre Splice your lines and run the length through the gromits to the heater. Cut the hoses to length and crimp one of them while you fill the other with coolant. Once that line is full, pop the cap off the heater core and rush that hose onto it. Take the crimp off your other line, fill it and install it as you did the first hose. It will make a small mess so put some towels down and try not to get coolant on the core fins if you can help it. (Make sure all crimps are removed) Pop the radiator cap and fill to the top and put the cap back on. Fill overflow between the two marks. Mine sucked up a full quart of coolant and doing it this way saved a big air bubble in the system. From there, just follow the instruction for any remaining air as advised.

Last edited:
Happy trails

Happy trails

Sep 12, 2021
Peoria arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@RobSparre

Thank you for taking the time to capture this installation for the community. You inspire confidence to DIY and you take time to describe how things work, tools needed, share cool hacks and describe how to avoid issues commonly not called out with installation instructions.

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@RobSparre

Thank you for taking the time to capture this installation for the community. You inspire confidence to DIY and you take time to describe how things work, tools needed, share cool hacks and describe how to avoid issues commonly not called out with installation instructions.
Aw shucks - it wernt nuthin! Lol
It’s feedback like this that makes me feel it was well with the effort. We are all a community that likes to help others and everyone has great ideas - I’m amazed by the creativity of many. I found this particular project to be the most challenging I’ve done - but with the effort.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't know how you have the patience to make a video while doing the install. I was cussing the much of the time during my install. I did follow the instructions and connected the heater without filling the heater with antifreeze. Drove it up my driveway and backed down it. Then added a little more antifreeze. Did this a few times and it was full and haven't had any air probems with the system.

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know how you have the patience to make a video while doing the install. I was cussing the much of the time during my install. I did follow the instructions and connected the heater without filling the heater with antifreeze. Drove it up my driveway and backed down it. Then added a little more antifreeze. Did this a few times and it was full and haven't had any air probems with the system.
Well I edited out the cussing before I uploaded the video - lol. Doing the video slows me down and helps me make better decisions. I am impatient by nature and often take shortcuts I shouldn’t. Plus I like to have an excuse to write original music soundtracks and make dumb jokes. It all works out

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!