P1000 Inferno Cab Heater Install Video

J

jeffasweet

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2020
Chimacum, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@RobSparre watched your excellent video instructions and was wondering later on, if you had it to do again, would you buy the same heater, get the ice crusher that goes in the front? I've read some issues with the vent line getting caught in the drive shaft, it seems your routing handled it. Wanted to get your later on thoughts.

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@RobSparre watched your excellent video instructions and was wondering later on, if you had it to do again, would you buy the same heater, get the ice crusher that goes in the front? I've read some issues with the vent line getting caught in the drive shaft, it seems your routing handled it. Wanted to get your later on thoughts.
Thanks for the feedback! I do not have a first hand opinion on the ice crusher so can’t respond to that. I certainly had to do some careful routing to stay away from the drive shaft for the vent hose, but if the heater goes up front - don’t you now have to get the coolant lines all the way to the back? I’d rather have to route the vent hose than the coolant lines all that way. Not familiar with the ice crusher install details so maybe they have solved that issue. Either way - after doing the research you just have to pick your poison I guess - lol.

Reactions: Lady01
Happy trails

Happy trails

Sep 12, 2021
Peoria arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You might consider using PVC for that section under the drive shaft and zip tie it down if concerned. A flexible galvanized exhaust pipe would do the trick as well.

20221022 084729 20221022 084802 20221022 150908

Reactions: Lady01
J

jeffasweet

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2020
Chimacum, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the feedback! I do not have a first hand opinion on the ice crusher so can’t respond to that. I certainly had to do some careful routing to stay away from the drive shaft for the vent hose, but if the heater goes up front - don’t you now have to get the coolant lines all the way to the back? I’d rather have to route the vent hose than the coolant lines all that way. Not familiar with the ice crusher install details so maybe they have solved that issue. Either way - after doing the research you just have to pick your poison I guess - lol.
Good points, I guess there are trade-offs to everything.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The radiator is up front, see no reason you couldn’t connect to the lines off the radiator up front and not run the lines back, just me thinking out loud.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!