P500 Inferno heater defrost with EMP windshield

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I’m finally ready to order an Inferno heater for my ‘17 P500. Plowing snow yesterday in 10F I say, “I’m too old for this ****”.

I have an EMP metal/glass windshield and wonder if the hot air leaving the vents on the dash ‘gets up’ to the glass windshield?

Has anybody built a small duct, maybe a rectangle out of sheet metal and attached it to the dash to help direct the warm air to the windshield?

Is it needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarlinWalker

MarlinWalker

Aug 25, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I used this defroster kit when I built my heater system.

It appears the Inferno heater comes with defrosters like this, unless there is an option for just the heater.

On caveat, if you have a glove box mod, the defroster on the passenger side will probably not fit. I don't have the glove box and the bottom of the defrost vent and hose takes up the space the glove box would occupy.

I can't comment on if it's needed as I have always had the defrosters installed.

Mini Trail Mark

Mini Trail Mark

Jun 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
I have inferno with Honda windshield, comes with 2 upper and 2 lower ducts, upper works well and keeps windshield fog free, even with big dog in cab breathing heavy! P5’s seem pretty cold blooded, takes 1/2 hour to get real heat, even with radiator covered.
6986F0DB 21E4 4EDC 82D8 EA691C063DEA1E3C1FC9 EC76 43FD A6D0 423A6E08662F

Reactions: Rdrcr
H

HondaTech

I used this defroster kit when I built my heater system.

It appears the Inferno heater comes with defrosters like this, unless there is an option for just the heater.

On caveat, if you have a glove box mod, the defroster on the passenger side will probably not fit. I don't have the glove box and the bottom of the defrost vent and hose takes up the space the glove box would occupy.

I can't comment on if it's needed as I have always had the defrosters installed.

I believe the glovebox guy has a duct made for the glove box.

Reactions: MarlinWalker

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!