Info On Honda accessories

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Hi,

I saw a post here about a Bimini top, was curious if anyone else had a soft top and could comment on them. I had planned on going with a full soft top and soft doors + a hard coat windscreen, but am under the impression the soft tops were fairly heavy duty. I would want to leave it on nearly all the time for protection from the elements, should I just get the hard top instead?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't have either a soft top or a Pioneer, but having owned several soft top Jeeps i will say this: When i get one soon, I am considering the ST purely because it's a cheap top that will do until there are more hard-top options ( since i don't really care for the looks of the Honda HT ).

IF you like the Honda HT, then i'd say just go for it. From what has been said, it's almost as easy to remove as the ST, and you don't have to do it for trailering. And i don't care how heavy duty it is...tree limbs will trash it.

The one exception that might be cool is just running the 2 seat ST like you would a bikini top on a Jeep, and leaving the rear bed/seats uncovered.
IMO, getting too much stuff between you and what you're driving through starts to ruin the experience of what makes a Quad/SxS fun in the first place, and that's being "in" the outdoors rather than being boxed off from it.

Of course...ask me that on a 10 degree day and you might get a different answer...

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
My Main concern for the top/doors will be for work around the house this winter. I agree that during "play" out on the trails I would likely not use the doors, but all the accessories seem to be fairly quick to add or remove as needed.

By "heavy-duty", I guess I really mean more than "just a tarp" to provide shade and deterr rain. The "remove while trailering" thing has me thinking they are much lighter duty than I assumed.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah...the trailer thing makes me feel they aren't Jeep top quality. The HT will hold heat better as well. If you like it...i'd personally just go straight for it ( or wait on an aftermarket option ).

R

randi 58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-3
get the hard top.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
I bought the 4x hardtop.....and I'm glad I did. More protection from branches for all passengers.....and it seems it has rained some every-time I have used my Honda. The top keeps my gear or passengers dry.

I got the glass windsheild.....as we always have lots of brush on the trails I travel - and I'm going to have a wiper for the winter. I'm buying fabric doors and I have a rear curtain. A heater is going to round out my needs for winter use. I look forward to cruising on some of the lakes around here.

Beacheagle70

Beacheagle70

Lifetime Member
I have the soft Bimini top and its great to keep the sun off. We are in Delaware and I can take it on and off in about 15mins. It has several straps that take some time. My only change was to substitute the long bolts(2) that hold the front to the windshield with actual boat type snaps. it saves time. Trailering has yet to be tested although my dealer delivered it without the top. I would think taping the front to the windshield with duct tape might work except the top might flap. will let you know as I am going to begin trailering it. Thanks for the info on hard tops, was going to buy one until I read how bad they were. the entire design of the soft top is idiotic they could have eliminated the crossbows with snaps on the roll cage and made it so you could stow it. I am going to have my canvas maker design a easy to use one.
Beacheagle 70

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!