Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Got my "Cabin Comfort Kit 16" p/n 76010-HL4-305 today. My dealer is pretty swamped with work so they let me install it. I preferred that anyway and it allowed me to make a few changes along the way.

View attachment 53208

First step in the instructions is to remove the seat cushion, seat back and the panel between the 2. The first bit of labor is replacing the foam under the panel between the cushion and seat back. Mineral spirits took the foam goo off really well and the new foam stuck better than I expected.
View attachment 53210 View attachment 53211

I've been pretty happy with my reflective material shield so I decided not to remove it but rather work around it with the new parts. The new honda panel under the middle and right seat is a bit sloppy too. Here's the new part overlayed on my shield. I installed the honda rubber under my shield.
View attachment 53212

View attachment 53213

Next was the seat back panel. I think this really seals the front seat from the engine bay. I expect the heat between the seat cushion and back rest to be gone.

Covers over the belt provisions
View attachment 53216

The new parts include a big rubber shield behind the cushion and back rest. For all the bolts through the back panel I added a washer to hold the rubber in place. I also relocated a few holes to make the mounting provisions more symmetrical side to side
View attachment 53214
A 5/16" hole punch is great for punching holes in the rubber
View attachment 53215
I added a few push pin holes in the rubber at the bottom to tie the cover into the existing seat belt push pins
View attachment 53217

Foam back rest added for the middle seat. I like this part
View attachment 53219
Weather stripping across the top. This makes a good seal to the back rest of the seat. I like this part
View attachment 53223
All the Honda Fix parts installed
View attachment 53221
Seat back in with the mid panel
View attachment 53220

Next step was putting the back panel on and that sealed it up. I'm pretty happy. Honda addressed the warmer middle seat and the air flow holes around the seat belts. I expect it will work pretty well but it might push the heat to the back seat or behind the back rest.

I'll try it Monday and report back. View attachment 53218 View attachment 53222
My original heat shield they removed and installed the Honda heat fix, today took it apart and installed the original heat shield as you top side of the new kit. My original heat shield turned up the back enough to cover the plastic between seat and back cushions, had do do a little trimming to get clearance for the new Honda shield. I took mine out for a spin, good improvement, haven't done any splashes yet?????????

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Seems to be some delays on this in Canada . Talked to my dealer and he had not heard about this yet. Gave him the info from this site and he said he will look into it. Anybody else getting answers Canada.
I was at my dealer today. I didn't even ask cause the dealers in Canada always seems to be a few months behind on everything.
Good guys though - and if I was going to trust any dealer to work on my rig it would be them.

We're going into winter anyway so I'm not in rush for that one.

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wonder how it would do if you put a layer of dynamat on the bottom of that thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just dropped mine off for the dealer to install comfort Kit. We will see!
Do you have heat shield on it already? If you do, make sure they reinstall it over the top of the factory fix. Mine works great! Next I'm going to sandwich a piece of arma flex insulation between bed and back of seat at the top. 2&1/8 X 1/2 should do the trick.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Do you have heat shield on it already? If you do, make sure they reinstall it over the top of the factory fix. Mine works great! Next I'm going to sandwich a piece of arma flex insulation between bed and back of seat at the top. 2&1/8 X 1/2 should do the trick.
Yes I'm going to keep the extra I added. I will do what I did when I added the extra shield. I'l take temp reading after the Honda fix and then add my extra back for more deflection. Also adding a 8" fan just to help removing heat.

Reactions: Remington
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wonder how it would do if you put a layer of dynamat on the bottom of that thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I would like to do that to the bottom of the rear floor boards and the front of the bed. Where do you get dynamat?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes I'm going to keep the extra I added. I will do what I did when I added the extra shield. I'l take temp reading after the Honda fix and then add my extra back for more deflection. Also adding a 8" fan just to help removing heat.
You may not need fans?

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Reactions: nbomar
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Try it up here in Michigan in the winter, you'll get blue balls it's so cold.
I thought blue balls was from something else? I thought being cold your balls went up and hide till it gets warmer?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No thanks guys, I live about 45 miles South of Boston for a year. That 7 days in the morning SUCKS!!!!!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I thought blue balls was from something else? I thought being cold your balls went up and hide till it gets warmer?
Heard of that happening with some people. Just think of it when your face turns blue from being cold. Same thing up here, are balls are so big up here dealing no with the cold, they don't hide :)

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Heard of that happening with some people. Just think of it when your face turns blue from being cold. Same thing up here, are balls are so big up here dealing no with the cold, they don't hide :)
Pull your paints down the next time you get cold and see if you can find your balls! HA!;)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!