P1000 Installing 6" portals and 35s on 2018 Pioneer 1000-5

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Looks good @Bastardchild, hopefully the wife likes it, because like you said "Happy wife, happy life".
Yeah she loved it! She was supposed to help me bleed the brakes when she got home by pumping the pedal for me while I mess with the bleeder valves, but her and her girlfriends cooked up plans to go play bingo tonight and have drinks, so she was home just long enough to see it and take pictures to show her friends then she took off! At least I got a kiss out of it. 🍻

D

davidbrickey

Dec 1, 2021
Parrish, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
looks great brother! I just did the exact same thing to my machine 2 weekends ago. I also purchased the Cliff Chamberlain portal tie rod brackets because I have heard wonderful things! my rear camber after the portals is sooo much more noticeable now (I think from the 35s) so I actually ordered a bracket lift to install. also, my tires are super close to rubbing, so I am hoping the bracket lift will help clear the 35s a little better!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
looks great brother! I just did the exact same thing to my machine 2 weekends ago. I also purchased the Cliff Chamberlain portal tie rod brackets because I have heard wonderful things! my rear camber after the portals is sooo much more noticeable now (I think from the 35s) so I actually ordered a bracket lift to install. also, my tires are super close to rubbing, so I am hoping the bracket lift will help clear the 35s a little better!
Hey thanks for the input. I will have to look up the Cliff Chamberlain stuff. Yeah I seen a guy on YouTube with a bracket lift and 4" portals and he cleared 35s. My wifes sxs already has the bracket lift, so I figured if I ordered 6" portals, 35s should definitely clear. They do rub slightly though on a super sharp turn. Im thinking next year I might order her the SuperATV 6" lift and maybe up the tire size but keep the same wheels.

Reactions: JenElio
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!