Installing RMP Skid Plates

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys, wondering how everyone installed their skid plates. Can I just find a strong point, and lift the front end of my Pioneer with my 4500lb Warn Winch? Any other suggestions are appreciated, my RMP skids and a-arm guards are scheduled to show up tomorrow from Fedex, and trying to figure out how best to get em installed.

Warren

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That's what I did. Winches it up and installed it. But once to height, I put 2 extra ratchet straps on it for safety. Chain would work too. Hate for it to come down.

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good call on the extra straps. Now I just have to find a point that will support the weight lol.

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a post and beam going across my garage that's a 6x6 or 8x8, i'll have to double check the ratings, but that should support it, i'll just go close to the center post in the garage.

Reactions: JACKAL and Hondasxs
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Yea i will be doing the same when i get my skid plate in. I use a tree limb and winch to clean the underside now so i will do that to install the skid.

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yea i will be doing the same when i get my skid plate in. I use a tree limb and winch to clean the underside now so i will do that to install the skid.
Which skid did you get?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
@SuperYeti RMP skid plate too.. I already have the RMP A arm guards on,, had them for awhile now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!