P700 Skid Plate talk....

Headhunterf100

Headhunterf100

Oct 14, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Do not currently own
I'm currently in the market to upgrade the seriously lacking skid plates, Id consider myself to be a fairly rough wheeler but I am not irresponsible about it. With that in mind what's my best option and what's yalls opinions on each bran? 2020 700-4 with 27s

Reactions: Mudwing
Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Trail Armor is pretty tough stuff. It is expensive ~ $700.00 but it can help with the mean rocks, mud, and branches that can do some damage. Also, you do not need a spreadsheet to figure out which bolts go where in the installation. Pretty straight forward.

Headhunterf100

Headhunterf100

Oct 14, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Do not currently own
Was leaning more towards uhmw over alum. for sure. Guess that puts it between trail armor or SSS

Reactions: pappyo and Mudwing
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Buy right the 1st Time
What ever brand you chose - - Best to go with FULL Skid - - UHMW material -- 3/8 minimum thickness along with -- UHMW A-Arm guards.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I had the full Trail Armor skid plate and A Arm guards on my Pioneer and don’t regret it one bit. The full skid plate, A Arm guards, and trail arm guards are the first thing that I’m putting on my new to me Talon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I recommend the 1/2” UHMW from Trail Armor. You will love them. They have a member discount. 😎

Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!