Interesting potential future UTV design directions

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand what you are saying but I doubt people will jump on it like you think. I seriously thought about not buying my ride when I did. Solely on price because I wondered if I would use it enough to justify the cost. When you have $15k tied up in something you use maybe every other weekend is that crazy? I just don't see how I could dump any more money than that into a hobby. I'm a tight wad so I may be in the minority. However I'm use to that because I pay cash for everything but houses Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you seen the price of wakeboard boats these days. The bargain brands are $70k. The big brands are 6 figures now. I remember in 2004 I bought a fully loaded Supra gravity games boat for 60 and thought that was crazy! Utv's will continue to climb for sure.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Have you seen the price of wakeboard boats these days. The bargain brands are $70k. The big brands are 6 figures now. I remember in 2004 I bought a fully loaded Supra gravity games boat for 60 and thought that was crazy! Utv's will continue to climb for sure.

Oh I have Lol. We go to the boat show every year in Nashville. Those boats are for people that want to take out a 15yr note on a boat. Not for me man! I'll keep my 2010 paid for Yamaha Ar230 jet boat!

J

Jshell3

I wish I could "unlike" that comment, because it's so true!

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Heck I'm all for a Cadillac model if they want to produce it. I just hope they keep a model for people like me that don't want all that. I'm not investing tons of money in toys. Unless I start making more money because my rule is I'm not owning more than a 1/3 of one year's salary in things that go down in value. Now when I retire it'll be different but for now I'm investing in things that will hopefully produce mailbox money Lol.

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I'm just saying it's a way they can continue to raise prices and attract newbies to the machines. Which is good for me actually. I love finding barley used machines selling for half of what someone that didn't know what they where getting into paid. LOL

I'm all for the simple things to keep prices down and dependability high but as the products develop more and more will be pushed on us even if it's not needed to raise prices.

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm just saying it's a way they can continue to raise prices and attract newbies to the machines. Which is good for me actually. I love finding barley used machines selling for half of what someone that didn't know what they where getting into paid. LOL

I'm all for the simple things to keep prices down and dependability high but as the products develop more and more will be pushed on us even if it's not needed to raise prices.
If I would have read the service manual for the pioneer 1000 before purchasing, I probably wouldn't have.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And probably a lot of other S X S. These are not the 4 Wheelers of yester years.

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If I would have read the service manual for the pioneer 1000 before purchasing, I probably wouldn't have.
Why would that be Smitty, what's lurking in that service manual?

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Would it really cause me not to buy a 1000?
I know the oil changing procedure is a bit more involved than on the 700. The tranny and motor oil/filter are separate I believe. I'm not sure about the air filter but the air filter isn't all that east to get to on the 700 either. I say that because I wedge my body in between the lifted bed with a Phillips screwdriver to get it out. Well not wedge but at an awkward state.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Don't know. Don't get me wrong I love my P5, but Honda needs to fix some things, before they started making them more complicated.
I totally agree. That is the reason I bought the 700 and the reason I don't have plans to upgrade soon. There are too many people with clutch issues for there not to be a problem. Driver error, physical problems, whatever the issue is needs to be fixed. You put these things in gear and hit the gas, therefore it shouldn't be blamed on the driver. Honda refuses to release a statement on if or what it changed on the new ones. They also don't want to address the water in the intake issue. Don't get me wrong they are very nice machines but I don't want to spend that kind of money on something and have to fix stuff. Before I pay $15k+ on anything I'm not going to be worried about it like I would be with the Pioneer 1000. Until I see real world improvements I'll keep my trusty Ol 700-4.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I totally agree. That is the reason I bought the 700 and the reason I don't have plans to upgrade soon. There are too many people with clutch issues for there not to be a problem. Driver error, physical problems, whatever the issue is needs to be fixed. You put these things in gear and hit the gas, therefore it shouldn't be blamed on the driver. Honda refuses to release a statement on if or what it changed on the new ones. They also don't want to address the water in the intake issue. Don't get me wrong they are very nice machines but I don't want to spend that kind of money on something and have to fix stuff. Before I pay $15k+ on anything I'm not going to be worried about it like I would be with the Pioneer 1000. Until I see real world improvements I'll keep my trusty Ol 700-4.
Wow, that's the first I've heard of this with the P1K!!!!! And I'm in the gruelling process of trying to decide if I should get one. :rolleyes:

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wow, that's the first I've heard of this with the P1K!!!!! And I'm in the gruelling process of trying to decide if I should get one. :rolleyes:
Just my 2 cents @Montecresto. This is the conclusion I've drawn after reading countless things online. I also tend to error on the side of caution. Not to mention I'm cheap and I'm not spending money on something I'm not absolutely in love with Lol. If I felt comfortable with the 1000 I'd already be in one. Lord knows I've already sunk way too much money in add-ons for the 700. Fact is the 700s (500s too for that matter) are already proven to be very durable and virtually problem free machines. Obviously they've been making the 500 and 700 longer than the 1000. As I said before, once they prove themselves a little more I'll be in the market.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just my 2 cents @Montecresto. This is the conclusion I've drawn after reading countless things online. I also tend to error on the side of caution. Not to mention I'm cheap and I'm not spending money on something I'm not absolutely in love with Lol. If I felt comfortable with the 1000 I'd already be in one. Lord knows I've already sunk way too much money in add-ons for the 700. Fact is the 700s (500s too for that matter) are already proven to be very durable and virtually problem free machines. Obviously they've been making the 500 and 700 longer than the 1000. As I said before, once they prove themselves a little more I'll be in the market.
Ok, thanks for the 2 cents LP.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oil changes in the 1000 aren't a big deal and it is a shared oil both filers are right there.

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
The cheapness in me typically wins

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!