P700 Intermittent starting issue.

2tracks

2tracks

Oct 22, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello all, I'm new on the Forum here and already need help. Bought my first pioneer a brand new 2020 700-4 M this April. I have 600 miles and about 30 hours on it. It's left me stranded in the woods three times. Each time I shut it off in the woods and it would not start sounded just like a dead battery. Battery has been removed and tested and checks out okay. The dealer has replaced the starter and solenoid but could not find anything else wrong with the unit. Start issue is random and we have not been able to duplicate the starting problem on demand so it's difficult to diagnose. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi,
What year is it?

Its common for ground points to be loose and will give issues like mentioned.
There is a ground on the frame and one on the engine.
I'll try to find a image tonight.

Reactions: wrhii and TripleB
2tracks

2tracks

Oct 22, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi,
What year is it?

Its common for ground points to be loose and will give issues like mentioned.
There is a ground on the frame and one on the engine.
I'll try to find a image tonight.
Sorry, it's a 2020 and still covered under warranty. I Wish I had a wiring diagram for it. Of course it starts every time for the dealership. The only reason they believe me is because I've taken videos of it not starting when it has occurred.

Reactions: wrhii
D

Dayooper77

Nov 19, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 2020 700-4 and battery is dead! I have had on slow charge for several days. I hope I don’t have to buy two batteries per year going forward. First cold weather killed it.

• Sad
Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 2020 700-4 and battery is dead! I have had on slow charge for several days. I hope I don’t have to buy two batteries per year going forward. First cold weather killed it.
Nah. You occasionally get a bad one, but they should last a couple of years at least...unless you are constantly running it dead.

Reactions: Mudwing
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Nah. You occasionally get a bad one, but they should last a couple of years at least...unless you are constantly running it dead.
Back in the 80's Interstate did bad run of car batteries. I went through 3 in one month.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you or your dealer checked the Stator? I don't know what the specs are but maybe it's not quite up to par and slowly not getting enough charge in the battery.

Also, pickup a jump pack in the interim so you can at least always get back if it is giving you trouble. They are small, pretty inexpensive and versatile tools at this point.

Reactions: BigMac
D

Dayooper77

Nov 19, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
I checked it last night. About 8 volts. Shot I think. I’m sure it’s not a warrantee item? Bought sxs in May this year.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!