P700 Sudden hard, slow starting

A

ADK_XJ

Aug 30, 2021
Saratoga Springs, NY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just in the last week or so I've noticed my 2021 700-4 is not turning over on the first or second turn of the ignition, on the third i have to hold it and it sort of slowly "rumbles" to life. While running everything sounds and performs fine, and immediately after driving around it starts right up...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just in the last week or so I've noticed my 2021 700-4 is not turning over on the first or second turn of the ignition, on the third i have to hold it and it sort of slowly "rumbles" to life. While running everything sounds and performs fine, and immediately after driving around it starts right up...
Have you had the battery checked? And battery connections?

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Replace the factory battery that most likely has failed you..
Our factory battery failed in a couple of weeks and the replacement is still going strong.

Reactions: Smitty335
A

ADK_XJ

Aug 30, 2021
Saratoga Springs, NY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, I think I found the culprit — I opened up the battery compartment to give it a test for charge (Even though it's only 10-12 months old) and noticed a frayed wire. God damn, mice!

This is to the starter solenoid it looks like, so I suppose I just need to buy a new one and might as well upgrade the battery at the same time...any recommendations?

PXL 20220908 165756773

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well, I think I found the culprit — I opened up the battery compartment to give it a test for charge (Even though it's only 10-12 months old) and noticed a frayed wire. God damn, mice!

This is to the starter solenoid it looks like, so I suppose I just need to buy a new one and might as well upgrade the battery at the same time...any recommendations?

View attachment 352884
I don't think it was Gods fault, it was some human brain surgeon that came up with the soy bean based wire insulation, rodents love it. I keep a tray of rodent killer out, works good or a couple of black snakes in the shop.

A

ADK_XJ

Aug 30, 2021
Saratoga Springs, NY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't think it was Gods fault, it was some human brain surgeon that came up with the soy bean based wire insulation, rodents love it. I keep a tray of rodent killer out, works good or a couple of black snakes in the shop.
Ha...we don't have many black snakes here but we do have many large northern water snakes and milk snakes that frequent the pole barn where I store the SxS. It may get upgraded to the garage after this mishap.

I've wrapped the wires for the time being and that seemed to do the trick but I am going to go ahead and grab the battery and new solenoid while I'm at it. Thanks, all!

Brmcg324

Brmcg324

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2020
SW Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like the work of mice. Seen bite marks like that on plug wires on a car in my garage.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The battery and solenoid are fine.
You found, and fixed the problem.
Run it like you stole it!

Reactions: Gohonda2