P700 Hard Starting

Z

Zander8

May 21, 2021
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a Honda pioneer 700-4. Replaced the fuel filter about three months ago, now I’m having issues with starting. Does not start the first time, two or three times later it’ll start. Is it a gasket that may have came loose when I put the new fuel filter back together?

T

The Welder

Nov 22, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a Honda pioneer 700-4. Replaced the fuel filter about three months ago, now I’m having issues with starting. Does not start the first time, two or three times later it’ll start. Is it a gasket that may have came loose when I put the new fuel filter back together?
There is a procedure of turn the key on three times, each time engaging the fuel pump. The. Start it. I’ve put in a auto battery for extremely cold Canadian winters.

Reactions: Buggyman
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
To my knowledge, there is no "filter"...only the mesh sock on the fuel pump pick up. Is that what you're referring too? If so, then yes, something could have gone amiss. There is also a fuel pump recall on certain years as well.

tracy guy

tracy guy

Nov 29, 2021
California
Ownership

1. 700-4
Turn the key to start and wait 5 seconds before starting. Fuel pump needs time to work.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!