BOX1

P500 Is it safe to use a Portable Battery Booster to Jump Start ?

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I carry one of those battery boosters in my Truck .
Very convenient and can air up a tire (Albeit slowly)and has a Light on it as well.
Just want to know if I ever have any Issue with the 500 not starting can the Booster be used to start the Honda ?

Thanks

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
No problem.
12 volts is 12 volts.
Once a p5 is running it will work just fine as long as the battery is just dead, no need to leave a jump battery hooked up.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
No problem.
12 volts is 12 volts.
Once a p5 is running it will work just fine as long as the battery is just dead, no need to leave a jump battery hooked up.
My Antigravity MicroStart has protective circuitry to disconnect shortly after it sees charging voltage because that’s too many amps for the AG to handle. I’m sure many others are like that. My point - if you have a catastrophic battery failure, the small battery pack won’t run the vehicle, it will have disconnected itself.

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have one in mine right now as the battery is going bad, I just clip onto power supply to bus bar under hood and good to go.
I am unfamiliar with the bus Bar
Where is it located under the hood ?

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Ok thanks
What is its purpose ?
Like said, when running aftermarket high amp cables (ie. 6 ga) from the battery to the hood, consider it an extension of the battery terminals. I used the terminal post option, with a protective circuit breaker beside the battery.

A0CBF301 A8C0 44D0 A722 F13F6E0A0271 C071C260 3597 4878 B9A3 DE3439F406BB

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I carry one of those battery boosters in my Truck .
Very convenient and can air up a tire (Albeit slowly)and has a Light on it as well.
Just want to know if I ever have any Issue with the 500 not starting can the Booster be used to start the Honda ?

Thanks
I carry one with me and have started many machines with it.

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!