BOX1

Is there a best practice for suspension adjustment leveling?

• Thread starter Old_fart_with_2020_Talon
  • Start date
O

Old_fart_with_2020_Talon

Apr 16, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
My Talon X seems to lean a bit toward the drivers side. Seems like it could be leveled by adjusting suspension spring tension.
Is there a best way to adjust the springs so that the end result is:
1. Correct level front to back and side to side.
2. Correct balance of spring tension on all four corners.
3. Correct sag.

Thanks!

Reactions: Isaiah
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
  1. Email Fox for specs for the X. I had the exact same problem and question and they had the Honda specs on the shocks for my R. They will tell you the distance from the bottom of the top mount to the top lock ring. You need to start there. Once the base is established, then you can adjust ride height if needed.
  2. Left to Right spring adjustment MUST always match (but not front to rear). You do not want to create any "cross weight", that will effect handling negatively. If you change the left rear, you must match those changes to the right rear. If you change the right front, you must match those changes to the left front, and so on.
  3. Service manual does not contain anything concerning ride height. Only reference is Ground Clearance at 12.7". Not very helpful so just make sure you have 12.7" form the skid plate to the ground, front and rear. Not sure if Honda's spec is with or without cargo. I would assume without.

O

Old_fart_with_2020_Talon

Apr 16, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just sent them the email.

Great advice!

DMH

DMH

May 9, 2017
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
  1. Email Fox for specs for the X. I had the exact same problem and question and they had the Honda specs on the shocks for my R. They will tell you the distance from the bottom of the top mount to the top lock ring. You need to start there. Once the base is established, then you can adjust ride height if needed.
  2. Left to Right spring adjustment MUST always match (but not front to rear). You do not want to create any "cross weight", that will effect handling negatively. If you change the left rear, you must match those changes to the right rear. If you change the right front, you must match those changes to the left front, and so on.
  3. Service manual does not contain anything concerning ride height. Only reference is Ground Clearance at 12.7". Not very helpful so just make sure you have 12.7" form the skid plate to the ground, front and rear. Not sure if Honda's spec is with or without cargo. I would assume without.
@PaulF
Could you share the specs for the R? I e-mailed them a few days ago and haven't heard anything back.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
@PaulF
Could you share the specs for the R? I e-mailed them a few days ago and haven't heard anything back.

Front...

Rear...

Reactions: Isaiah, CID and DMH
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!