P1000 Is there still issue with rear seat heat?

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just picked up a 21 1000-5. I put some heat shield under the front seat and wondering if I should take the floor board off the rear seat and do that? Located in Michigan so summer is about 75-80. I’d like to do it now while I got some time if it’s still an issue on the newer models.

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just picked up a 21 1000-5. I put some heat shield under the front seat and wondering if I should take the floor board off the rear seat and do that? Located in Michigan so summer is about 75-80. I’d like to do it now while I got some time if it’s still an issue on the newer models.
No change! I insulated and unfortunately didn't make a difference. Best bet is the under seat fan mod or bilge fan mod. It directs the Heat from the header witch is the root of your heat problem, away from that area. Living in ur state as well, you can't get rid of all the heat. Drive faster with more wind😂

Now that said..... you got that new machine and no
pics yet!
Make Michigan proud now and post em up!
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Reactions: CID
brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No change! I insulated and unfortunately didn't make a difference. Best bet is the under seat fan mod or bilge fan mod. It directs the Heat from the header witch is the root of your heat problem, away from that area. Living in ur state as well, you can't get rid of all the heat. Drive faster with more wind😂

Now that said..... you got that new machine and no
pics yet!
Make Michigan proud now and post em up!
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
Did you take the whole floor board off to adhere the heat shield to it? Looks to just be a handful of push pins? Also wondering if it helps deaden the sound some?

Reactions: Remington
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honestly a fan and open cab is your best bet, combined with closing the gaps fo the heat dissipates out and back. During the other 9 months of the year, you’ll be glad it’s warm in the back (at least the kiddos will).

I take floor mats out of my camper in the summer to help keep the heat manageable.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you take the whole floor board off to adhere the heat shield to it? Looks to just be a handful of push pins? Also wondering if it helps deaden the sound some?
Yes I did!
see… Back in 16’ when the P1k5’s came out we were new to it and did alot of the things your asking about. Some like this you speak of, taking the plastic all off and putting a sticky sound deadening type of insulation (still have mine on cuz its a whore to take off) was a complete waist of time and other things like the underseat bilge fan was one of the best mods And still going strong.

Reactions: brennen
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Note that if you chose to add a bilge fan that a 4"er will push considerably more air than a 3" and it's only a little bigger overall.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 4" bilge fan install. It points directly at the headers. Bracket is attached using two hose clamps, does not block sub-trans filler, though removes quickly by simply loosening hose clamps.
20211210 212543

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's kinda cold here, so I'm waiting 'till Spring to install the heat shield. It will go under the front seat and up the seat back. I'm not concerned about the rear seats yet, as the bed is mostly for the dogs and hauling stuff. Only need to remove the skid pan (if any) to run the bilge fan wiring forward. I didn't bother to use a thermostat, just a rocker switch to control the fan (shown below radio):

20211221 215040

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!