Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before swapping out diff oil yesterday I was gonna run up and down driveway to get the oil warm. Jumped in and took off in manual mode. Got ready to shift and it wouldn't. The "1" started blinking and mil light came on. Shut it off and restarted and all was well. Only thing I had going on was I had one 30" tire on left front (had stocker off using as model to build a spare mount). Could the ECM detect that and put it in limp mode?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
It does have a front VSS. On the dyno it wouldn't shift without the front wheels spinning. Think I have a solution for that.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It does have a front VSS. On the dyno it wouldn't shift without the front wheels spinning. Think I have a solution for that.
Yeah I learned that this last winter doing donuts in the horse poop. It would shift only if my fronts were turning good lol.

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Would love to know your solution. I've been toying with the idea of picking up rear wheel speed for that instead of the front. Just not sure how to yet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Would love to know your solution. I've been toying with the idea of picking up rear wheel speed for that instead of the front. Just not sure how to yet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Positap rear vss to front signal at the PCM. Unplug the front.

Reactions: pct and sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Haven't tried it yet but will soon. Pretty sure the wires are next to each other.

Reactions: pct and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Worse?????

You have to be kidding?????
No if I was kidding I would've started with....A priest, a rabbi, and a 3 legged monkey walks into a bar lol. I was gonna say I've been called worse by better people but don't really know Jackal so I can't say that. There may not be a finer example of a human being than him lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!