Aaronroberts

Aaronroberts

May 8, 2020
Iaeger, West Virginia
www.blackgoldoffroad.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I just changed tires on my Talon R and realized how high the talon needs to be jacked up to get the tires off the ground. I have a tusk scissor jack on my pioneer that will get the tires off the ground no problem, but I dont think it will go high enough for the talon, especially on the trail. Ive looked into the hornet utv jack and the high lift jack, but the problem is I dont see many places id be able to use these jacks on the talon. If i were to put rocksliders/nerf bars/tree kickers on my talon, would it be strong enough to be used as a jack point to lift one side of the talon off the ground. Have any of you done this that can confirm this will work or not?

Reactions: Smittyp
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If i were to put rocksliders/nerf bars/tree kickers on my talon, would it be strong enough to be used as a jack point to lift one side of the talon off the ground.
Thats a Negative!
unless you have some strong ass tube steel for those rock sliders, there gonna bend like a pretzel the minute you have that weight on them

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thats a Negative!
unless you have some strong ass tube steel for those rock sliders, there gonna bend like a pretzel the minute you have that weight on t
I carry a small 2 ton bottle jack, couple pieces of 4x6 wood, some straps, small come a long, etc. - if I need to get a wheel up, hopefully another machine with a strap can yank me sideways or I have to pull that junk out of my box.

im pretty confident my homemade tree kickers can support a lift - overbuilt .120"x1.75"........lol
IMG 6784

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I carry a small 2 ton bottle jack, couple pieces of 4x6 wood, some straps, small come a long, etc. - if I need to get a wheel up, hopefully another machine with a strap can yank me sideways or I have to pull that junk out of my box.

im pretty confident my homemade tree kickers can support a lift - overbuilt .120"x1.75"........lolView attachment 372682
Yes sir! Yours are built like tank bars. No issues there fo sho!

Aaronroberts

Aaronroberts

May 8, 2020
Iaeger, West Virginia
www.blackgoldoffroad.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

im pretty confident my homemade tree kickers can support a lift - overbuilt .120"x1.75"........lolView attachment 372682
Those tree kickers look awesome

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I just changed tires on my Talon R and realized how high the talon needs to be jacked up to get the tires off the ground. I have a tusk scissor jack on my pioneer that will get the tires off the ground no problem, but I dont think it will go high enough for the talon, especially on the trail. Ive looked into the hornet utv jack and the high lift jack, but the problem is I dont see many places id be able to use these jacks on the talon. If i were to put rocksliders/nerf bars/tree kickers on my talon, would it be strong enough to be used as a jack point to lift one side of the talon off the ground. Have any of you done this that can confirm this will work or not?
I am very confident my AED tree kickers would hold it up No problem. They have been slammed and beat on and still are solid. We have 3 sets of them. I would bet Warheads would hold up too. Now the Honda ones....uhhhh no but those do more for looks than real abuse!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Put the jack as close to the tire as possible, that way you only need an inch or 3. It’s also pretty easy for me to lift a front tire by parking on a rock, stump or across a washout. The rear, not so much, they tend to want to stay on the ground but still possible depending on the terrain.

Huntndogs

Huntndogs

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2021
San Diego, Ca.
Ownership

1. Talon R
For the garage I use a normal jack at the Honda recommended points to take up the bulk of the weight, and a bottle jack & board at the wheel being worked on, if a little more lift is needed.

For the trail, I have the Jack Daddy.
I just picked up a JackDaddy also. Goofy name but looks to be well built. Have not tried it yet..

Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
For the trails I have this old scissor jack that fits on the edge of the plastic guards on the front lower A arms and I welded saddles to match the bottom of the trailing arms where they attach to the rear hub. I store it near the right side motor mount.

Oh I also welded a 3/4 nut (19 mm) to it so I can turn it with whatever I'm removing the lug nuts with.

R

rudyeng

Oct 27, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This jack gives you 24" of lift but it takes up a lot of room. I have a P-1000 but integrated the jack into my gun rack bracket. I also use small wood blocks as needed.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
Domin131

Domin131

Mar 26, 2022
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
You have a winch? The reason I ask is I use my winch and a combination of soft shackle snatch blocks to winch around a boulder or tree and back to my own cage. Easily will tilt the entire side of the car off high enough to change tires. Obviously this only works if you have somewhere to anchor your snatch blocks to.

Another option I've thought about is the offroad airbag jacks that use your exhaust to fill. I've seen them used back in my jeep days but never ran one myself. Biggest bonus of these is they are light and stow away in a bag when not in use.

That jack daddy is pretty slick tho too

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
208Talon

208Talon

Jul 8, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon X4
You can order a pro armor Jack and it has a big plate on it. Then you just take your spare set it on the ground and put the jack on top of it which is a scissor jack and then you can jack up your talon anywhere you need to. I have 34s and do it all the time.
It also doubles as a tire hold down for a spare tire.

0302232136 HDR

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!