P500 Just an idea... Propane conversion?

Pawnman87

Pawnman87

Oct 4, 2015
Murfreesboro, Ar
Ownership

1. 500
Just out of curiosity me and my buddy who is an engineer were talking about the pros and cons of a propane conversion for the P5... I have heard it can be very efficient but you could loose some power which our bikes cant really afford but done right it could be very fuel efficient for longevity of the engine and oil life not to mention my buddy thinks with a similar sized propane cell you could get many more miles between fill ups... Anyone out there ever messed with anything like this?? Just curious wanna pick your guys brains...

Reactions: Nashby
Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry Pawnman87, that's way above my capabilities. This sounds like a question for the smarty pants p500 owners. The closest thing I've ever done to this, is light a fart on fire! It did give me a sense of accomplishment, but unfortunately I was never offered any scholarships to further my natural talents.‍ But seriously, If you are ever able to figure it out be sure and share, it does sound interesting.

Reactions: maddmax and Mudwing
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know one of the downsides of some either propane or CNG conversions is the need to start the engine on regular gas before it switches over. It may not be a weight savings is you still need to keep the fuel system in place for starting.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!