P500 Just bought a used P500 and having buyers remorse...

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Im surprised (and glad) that no one has shown any concern due to the fact it's been snorkelled. To me thats an indication this unit was destined for severe duty. But having rescued it at 400 miles I guess I'm ok.

Still concerned, and I'm keeping the Rhino until I'm 100 % on the P5.
The previous owner was wise to snorkle it before an "incident" happened. Ultimately most P500s will end up in water deeper than the stock air inlet, sometimes not on purpose, so you can feel good about the snorkle. When I was looking for my first used UTV, I veered away from machines with snorkles, now I know better, and I found out the hard way.....

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Snorkel is a great idea, pending how it’s done and I’d suggest this is a positive addition to the machine and not necessarily a negative at all. Mines never been in deep water, only to bottom of floor boards. I built a snorkel to reduce air cleaner maintenance as the intake in now near top of cab and rear facing. Not sure why Honda put the air intake where they did on my ‘15 it’s right in the dust collection pocket. Pix in my sig link on how I built mine, think it’s as quiet as stoke almost.
j

Reactions: mjager and 906UP

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!