P700 Just finished installing all my aftermarket accessories. What do you think?

Dribbles

Dribbles

Apr 30, 2017
Land O Lakes, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks good! Dont forget about tires. Those 4 ply tires have given people issues. Not fun when way back on a trail.

Already had an issue on my 2nd ride. Problem I have is currently I'm renting a house trying to buy. The machine had to be in the garage due to HOA. I want to change tires but it won't fit in garage.

When it's time, what tires do you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Depends on the riding you want to do. Id suggest at least an 8 ply tire. 26 or 27 for trail riding. The bear claw HTR are good all around tires on the 700. Not my favorite looking, but they perform well. Probably my favorite tire performance wise ive owned so far. My next tires will most likely be Blackwater Evo's though. Or the EFX Motoclaw

D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got the half windshield from the dealer when I purchased. They gave me 25% off and I went for it. Love the half windshield and highly recommend.
Light bar was Amazon purchase and well worth it. You have to have 2nd battery.
View attachment 48213

I had a friend with a machine shop cut the brackets. They are custom to fit the light bar and install in the 2 screws that hold the door net. You have to take off the door net to install brackets.

I just texted my friend to ask him how much for a pair of brackets. Will let you know when I hear back.

Congrats on the purchase! Now comes the real fun! Let me know if you have any questions.

2nd battery? I have seen other post talking about installing a 2nd battery but I assumed it was -in case of emergency- I didn't realize I would need it to operate a light bar and other accessories. Where did you install it? Also, do you just connect it to the original battery for power draw and charging? Thanks for the reply and I hope you don't regret telling me "let me know if you have any questions" lol because more are coming!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
2nd battery? I have seen other post talking about installing a 2nd battery but I assumed it was -in case of emergency- I didn't realize I would need it to operate a light bar and other accessories. Where did you install it? Also, do you just connect it to the original battery for power draw and charging? Thanks for the reply and I hope you don't regret telling me "let me know if you have any questions" lol because more are coming!
Second battery under driver seat with a True isolator. Then run all your accessories of of it. Isolator will save/ disconnect main battery from secondary preventing main battery from being drained.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
hondasxs.com/threads/dual-battery-install-with-true-isolator.7293/

Dribbles

Dribbles

Apr 30, 2017
Land O Lakes, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
Second battery under driver seat with a True isolator. Then run all your accessories of of it. Isolator will save/ disconnect main battery from secondary preventing main battery from being drained.

Yeah! What he said!

I put my battery under the hood to make it easier to connect all the accessories. I had some help but you can find all the info you need on this forum. Isolator is a must and easy to install.
E1217e07c9fbb62eedb0ec5d94a4f915

Dribbles

Dribbles

Apr 30, 2017
Land O Lakes, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2

Keep em coming! I love projects!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Already had an issue on my 2nd ride. Problem I have is currently I'm renting a house trying to buy. The machine had to be in the garage due to HOA. I want to change tires but it won't fit in garage.

Ran into this issue with my 700, I had 28" Evos and a 3.5" lift. I had to hang off the hitch while my wife backed it out of the garage at our old house. 1000 is actually a bit shorter and we have 8' high garage doors.

88b00e4a37fd9de0dc266ff979c296c2

D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ran into this issue with my 700, I had 28" Evos and a 3.5" lift. I had to hang off the hitch while my wife backed it out of the garage at our old house. 1000 is actually a bit shorter and we have 8' high garage doors.

View attachment 48229
Did you build or buy the 3.5" lift? If bought.... Where? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Man that rascal is fine! I just bought the exact same bike and I would love to do some of the same accessories. I was thinking of the half windshield and after seeing yours that's definitely the one I want. If I may ask which one is that??? Brand etc? Also, which light bar do you have but more importantly did it come with mounting brackets? If not which brackets did you purchase? Thanks in advance for any info!
Go with a two piece windshield. You can run the lower windshield during summer months and in the winter run a full windshield .

Reactions: Dribbles
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2

I put Sedona Rip Saw R/T (Radial) tires on mine and went one size up to 26". I have been very happy with them so far in both ride, puncture resistants, and steering and handling. I'm not a huge Mud Runner, so I can't say how they would do in the sticky stuff.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5

check out our door bushings for the door on rb3offroad.com

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@PioneerAdam you and the better half going to make the 2018 Takeover?

Reactions: LandPioneer
Dribbles

Dribbles

Apr 30, 2017
Land O Lakes, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
wow! nice rig. 2 wet sounds sound bars and a sub? I bet that thing is ear piercing!
It makes some noise! So far I have really enjoyed the set up. Took my dad for a ride couple weeks ago and he was impressed, and he's practically deaf.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!