P1000m5 Just Pick My Tires for Me...

M

Mtnman

Aug 21, 2017
maryville Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wore out 2 sets of stock tires(12 inch rim) in 3200 miles. I have about 500 miles on a set of blackwater evo tires now. They are wearing better than I thought. I only ride pavement to get to different trails. I got 28x10x12s on stock 12 inch rims. I put about 200 miles on them, being 2 inches more narrow in the rear. You couldn't tell it by looking. I put 1 inch spacers on the rear after that. Then I had to add mudbusters because the rear was throwing mud up under my roof. I'm happy with them so far. I'm gonna buy them again for my 3 seater.
I'm also running the EVO's they wear good get great traction rough riding on pavement

Reactions: TripleB
Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve done this song and dance for so long and I finally made my decision! Just as much from being tired of looking and just saying “screw it” as anything else! I found a great deal on Maxxis Buckshot 2 Mudders in 235/75r15 so I ordered them. I paid about $95 per tire. I got some System 3 wheels to throw them on and hopefully will get them mounted up today. I’ll try to get some pics later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I’ve done this song and dance for so long and I finally made my decision! Just as much from being tired of looking and just saying “screw it” as anything else! I found a great deal on Maxxis Buckshot 2 Mudders in 235/75r15 so I ordered them. I paid about $95 per tire. I got some System 3 wheels to throw them on and hopefully will get them mounted up today. I’ll try to get some pics later.

those maxxis tires are awesome. One of the best looking tires out there

Reactions: Napaul
Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After some calling around and a little trip to town, I got the Buckshots mounted up on the rims. Immediately came home, threw them on, and took off for a ride with my neighbor.
83f275fb2fbcd18cd7d6af1c20870658

Really happy with the performance. The shop put 35-40 PSI in each tire, I aired them down to 18 to try out. At 35-40, it rattled our teeth out. At 18 PSI, with the speeds we ride on our private trails, it’s nice and smooth. Riding on pavement is like driving a car. We hit some red clay mud holes, some steep loamy hills, a couple creek bottoms, and a few granite outcroppings that we have all over the place here. These Buckshots performed flawlessly. It feels like a new machine with the ground clearance and improved handling.
21aded7a007f1a28eac6dcdc79ffc58d

My neighbor had his @SuperATV Terminators delivered today as well. He’s hoping to get them mounted up tomorrow. The lugs on these things are no joke!
Eceb2edbfccc018a9970259dd54dd0d5

I’d have to say I’m very happy so far with my tire choice. I’ll try to keep posting updates as I get some more miles on them. I want to thank everybody for their input on this thread!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
After some calling around and a little trip to town, I got the Buckshots mounted up on the rims. Immediately came home, threw them on, and took off for a ride with my neighbor.
View attachment 199066

Really happy with the performance. The shop put 35-40 PSI in each tire, I aired them down to 18 to try out. At 35-40, it rattled our teeth out. At 18 PSI, with the speeds we ride on our private trails, it’s nice and smooth. Riding on pavement is like driving a car. We hit some red clay mud holes, some steep loamy hills, a couple creek bottoms, and a few granite outcroppings that we have all over the place here. These Buckshots performed flawlessly. It feels like a new machine with the ground clearance and improved handling.
View attachment 199067

My neighbor had his @SuperATV Terminators delivered today as well. He’s hoping to get them mounted up tomorrow. The lugs on these things are no joke!
View attachment 199068

I’d have to say I’m very happy so far with my tire choice. I’ll try to keep posting updates as I get some more miles on them. I want to thank everybody for their input on this thread!

Nice

I bet you'll want to drop the pressure some more. I was running 14 for a while, but even that was too firm. I found that not only is the ride a lot smoother at 9 psi or less, but the grip is much better - even in places you wouldn't think it would make a difference. Before I aired them down I would sometimes have to put it in 4wd to climb a tiny little hill in the woods. I let some more air out and it was wayyyy better in the woods, and on the dirt roads

Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice

I bet you'll want to drop the pressure some more. I was running 14 for a while, but even that was too firm. I found that not only is the ride a lot smoother at 9 psi or less, but the grip is much better - even in places you wouldn't think it would make a difference. Before I aired them down I would sometimes have to put it in 4wd to climb a tiny little hill in the woods. I let some more air out and it was wayyyy better in the woods, and on the dirt roads

I’ll probably eventually bring it down a bit more. Right now I’m just watching them close as I go over roots or rocks. Without beadlocks, I want to be sure they aren’t flexing too much. We ran some hogs this morning with the dogs and ended up riding through a freshly plowed field that was pretty soggy from the rain a couple days ago. They hooked up really good and never gave me the slightest inkling of wanting to bog down.

Reactions: Smitty335
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I’ll probably eventually bring it down a bit more. Right now I’m just watching them close as I go over roots or rocks. Without beadlocks, I want to be sure they aren’t flexing too much. We ran some hogs this morning with the dogs and ended up riding through a freshly plowed field that was pretty soggy from the rain a couple days ago. They hooked up really good and never gave me the slightest inkling of wanting to bog down.

I rode a bit over the weekend. Did find some pretty rocky trails and didn't have any problems yet. Found some pretty deep mud and had to get in 4wd. Got it stopped a couple times, thought I was going to get stuck. But I was able to reverse out of it. I also had to get on the throttle pretty hard. I always try to avoid that in the mud cuz I hate washing it, but didn't have a choice at the time. I know now for a fact that I can't get around as well as I could with the stock tires. A brand new 1000-5 deluxe was following me through most of the riding and he never had to get his out of 2wd on some trails that I had spun out on and had to go to 4wd. Not complaining, i'm still happy with them

Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I rode a bit over the weekend. Did find some pretty rocky trails and didn't have any problems yet. Found some pretty deep mud and had to get in 4wd. Got it stopped a couple times, thought I was going to get stuck. But I was able to reverse out of it. I also had to get on the throttle pretty hard. I always try to avoid that in the mud cuz I hate washing it, but didn't have a choice at the time. I know now for a fact that I can't get around as well as I could with the stock tires. A brand new 1000-5 deluxe was following me through most of the riding and he never had to get his out of 2wd on some trails that I had spun out on and had to go to 4wd. Not complaining, i'm still happy with them

I’m the same way with mud. Usually avoid it altogether if I can. That being said, over the weekend we did a LOT of riding while hunting and also just for fun and I had the chance to really test the tires out in some different stuff. One old abandoned dirt road down here has some holes that are really wide and deep, and always filled with water if there’s been rain in the last month. My neighbor was leading and since he had just gotten his Terminators put on, I guess he wanted to see how they’d do. Instead of skirting the holes like we usually do, he drove straight through the middle and churned through it without a problem. Feeling adventurous and having the insurance of having someone right there with me to help pull me out if I got stuck, I followed him right through it. It wasn’t nearly as soft on the bottom as I had initially thought, but it was slick and deep nonetheless. I was in 2wd Lock and the Buckshots spun a bit here and there, but they pulled through like champs. At another point we rode straight up a small creek that has a solid granite bottom and had a few small waterfalls to climb up. My neighbors’ Terminators actually spun a lot more than mine did on the slick rock. He struggled in a couple spots in 2wd where I climbed right up and over in Turf mode. I know these tires don’t have the grip a lot of ATV/UTV tires do, but having tested them this weekend in situations like these gives me a lot of confidence in them. I know they’ll be able to handle most of what I throw their way. I’m very satisfied with going this LT tire route.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!