Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Anyone had experience with COPS Tuning? I'm interested in several of their tunes but have had issues getting in touch with them regarding particulars and tune ordered. Not looking for Top end speed, but better fueling down low and transmission enhancements.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Received Elka Stage 5 Shocks and installed. Only thing remaining to do is get front canvas doors installed and fitting properly.

IMG 3002 IMG 3006 IMG 3008 IMG 3009

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone had experience with COPS Tuning? I'm interested in several of their tunes but have had issues getting in touch with them regarding particulars and tune ordered. Not looking for Top end speed, but better fueling down low and transmission enhancements.

COPS tune question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Stage 5 all 4 corners, considering they give you a little more fine tuning for the rear. As for COPs, I had already come to this conclusion on my own trying to get in touch with them. Evidently smart guys but have no work ethic or morals. Their preferred means of communication is through Facebook, and considering I don't do FB, they're not an option. I do like the fact that their tune does a few things to the transmission that the others don't but dealing with them seems like betting the ponies. Thanks for the likes :)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Stage 5 all 4 corners, considering they give you a little more fine tuning for the rear. As for COPs, I had already come to this conclusion on my own trying to get in touch with them. Evidently smart guys but have no work ethic or morals. Their preferred means of communication is through Facebook, and considering I don't do FB, they're not an option. I do like the fact that their tune does a few things to the transmission that the others don't but dealing with them seems like betting the ponies. Thanks for the likes :)
Nice talking to you this afternoon. Was refreshing to talk to someone that knew spring adjustment wasn't for clearance issues.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Got the upper soft doors installed along with the upper side panels. Took it for a ride on a chilly windy day. I've got a bit of adjusting ahead of me, plus I've got a winch switch, seat covers and the rear curtain to install tomorrow before I get into setting sag and finding a baseline on the new Elkas. Our weather isn't looking very promising going forward, plus Christmas thrown in for measure. No sense fiddling with the doors until I get the Rear Curtain installed. I'm guessing this will pressurize the cab which would be the sane time to start tweeting things. Curious if anyone has tried to address the noise from the transmission, especially the backlash? Not looking for additives or witch's potions, but curious if Sound Deadening material might tone this down a bit? I've got a new tune on the way also, so I'm thinking New Years this year is going to be a busy day off. BTW, the Door uppers start to move the machine around 50 mph. I also had the driver's side door front blow out of its keeper at around 54 MPH. I think I've got that addressed but created more daylight in the process.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got the upper soft doors installed along with the upper side panels. Took it for a ride on a chilly windy day. I've got a bit of adjusting ahead of me, plus I've got a winch switch, seat covers and the rear curtain to install tomorrow before I get into setting sag and finding a baseline on the new Elkas. Our weather isn't looking very promising going forward, plus Christmas thrown in for measure. No sense fiddling with the doors until I get the Rear Curtain installed. I'm guessing this will pressurize the cab which would be the sane time to start tweeting things. Curious if anyone has tried to address the noise from the transmission, especially the backlash? Not looking for additives or witch's potions, but curious if Sound Deadening material might tone this down a bit? I've got a new tune on the way also, so I'm thinking New Years this year is going to be a busy day off. BTW, the Door uppers start to move the machine around 50 mph. I also had the driver's side door front blow out of its keeper at around 54 MPH. I think I've got that addressed but created more daylight in the process.
Try a KRX if you think a Pioneer is noisy. I hear Jeeps are pretty quiet, come with a/c and heat plus minimal dust.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Mostly finished the soft cab today. Needing several riv nuts to install the rear curtain synch straps on tail gate and rear side panel to complete. I'm amazed how air tight it became installing the rear curtain panel, and it actually seemed to help with the noise as well. Went for a lengthy jaunt on the backroads around my place, reaching speeds of 60 MPH several times. Only had one instance of the driver's door front blowing out, otherwise pretty well pleased considering. Still have numerous areas of daylight around the driver's door to ponder and a large one around the Oh s*** Handle on the passenger's side door. I installed the soft cab to keep the elements out during the cooler months and plan to remove once things start to warm up. I have no desire for a heater and all the problems associated with having one. I about froze to death yesterday without the rear curtain installed, but the temperature was cooler today and the interior was much more tolerable having added the rear curtain. Lastly, the comments on Farkling my rig have been amusing. I'm guessing some making the comments aren't bike riders? Farkels are bling installed on a bike to enhance the ergonomics or wow factor. I stole the term and put it to use here not realizing the backlash doing so. I plan to reach out to Webster's and lobby for a revision of the term. Keep in mind that most who farkle their bikes probably don't own a pair of Crocs. I'm sure it gets a little lonely down in Georgia during the cooler months and probably explains the crocs.

IMG 3052 IMG 3050 IMG 3051 IMG 3054 IMG 3053

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!