Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Can anyone tell me what all needs to be vented after a snorkel install? And where the original vent hoses might be located? Where you went with them for extension? I've seen the one coming off the front differential, comes up and hooks to a nipple on upper square frame. Also, that hose looks small, is it 1/4" or 1/8"? Any help is appreciated. :)

J

Jshell3

I know there are some kits out there. Peeps that have it down to a science. But I don't know, myself.

@Bayouownbeer makes kits for the P1k. Maybe he can guide you.

Any maybe ask @William he's posted a vent thread about fuel lines.

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
I don't know size. I cut little piece and took to advanced auto. Gave me some thing very close. Ran that one up to top of hood on top of dash. And ran rear and had tank breather up rear of cage to about top of seat. High enough for me

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Can anyone tell me what all needs to be vented after a snorkel install? And where the original vent hoses might be located? Where you went with them for extension? I've seen the one coming off the front differential, comes up and hooks to a nipple on upper square frame. Also, that hose looks small, is it 1/4" or 1/8"? Any help is appreciated. :)
Mud puppy on YouTube just posted a video about it yesterday.

Reactions: trigger and Jshell3
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Front and rear end, fuel pump, cooling fan, and water pump. I ran one hose from the front diff and fan motor to behind seat. Just put a tee in under hood. The water pump is not that important to vent, so I just put a filter on it and didn't run it up. It all comes up behind passenger headrest. Just take the hose to parts store and match it up.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I say take the hose to the parts store because for some odd reason vacuum hose from different stores are sized differently. Different brand I guess...?

Reactions: swsebek and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Front and rear end, fuel pump, cooling fan, and water pump. I ran one hose from the front diff and fan motor to behind seat. Just put a tee in under hood. The water pump is not that important to vent, so I just put a filter on it and didn't run it up. It all comes up behind passenger headrest. Just take the hose to parts store and match it up.

So front and rear diff's, fuel pump and cooling fan? Four things and that's it? Is there any advantage to increasing the size of the hose?
I checked in with @Bayouownbeer before this thread, vent and heat mat kits, but only for the P1. I did watch mud puppy's video, that helps. Don't plan on drilling those holes in the ROPS though. Thanks again guys! :)

Reactions: 500oneer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!