P500 One question on venting

Nascar

Nascar

Feb 20, 2017
Cariboo, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys. I have everything vented up now (surprised to see fuel tank vent wide open hose and pointing forward for dust to get in)... except I have one question. Under passenger seat, on engine, just above oil filter location is a 90 deg hard line coming out of block and has a drain hose going down to flush with skid plate. Not sure if this needs to be vented up.

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hey guys. I have everything vented up now (surprised to see fuel tank vent wide open hose and pointing forward for dust to get in)... except I have one question. Under passenger seat, on engine, just above oil filter location is a 90 deg hard line coming out of block and has a drain hose going down to flush with skid plate. Not sure if this needs to be vented up.
No. Dont vent this one. This is the water pump weep hole pipe. Just check often to make sure the hose is still there.
Thanks.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
No. Dont vent this one. This is the water pump weep hole pipe. Just check often to make sure the hose is still there.
Thanks.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same one, it comes right off the top of the fuel tank and is clipped under the seat frame on passenger side? Bigger hose than some others too? That's the water pump weep?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Nascar

Nascar

Feb 20, 2017
Cariboo, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Just to make sure we're talking about the same one, it comes right off the top of the fuel tank and is clipped under the seat frame on passenger side? Bigger hose than some others too? That's the water pump weep?
No, not the tank one...as mentioned I already did that one. Hondasxs knew exactly what I was talking about...it is the largest vent hose out of them all and it is on the engine (not the fuel tank) and is just above the oil filter cover. Has a steel pressed in 90deg pipe that goes to a soft vent hose that vents down to flush with the skid plate.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!