P700m4 K&N filter

K

k9i449

Sep 24, 2016
CA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone changed their stock filter to a K&N? I have used them in the past. If so any, problems?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have. I did have a problem but you may not. The wires on the outer mesh of the filter started to break where the breather tube touches the filter. I've noticed on other people's kits they have a breather tube relocation piece, so just make sure yours comes with one. it is also widely recommended that you use the outer skin cover on the filters.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone changed their stock filter to a K&N? I have used them in the past. If so any, problems?
I read a lot of reviews contemplating the same upgrade. However, after careful consideration I decided to stay with stock. The foam type filters seem to do a better job filtering. You would probably get a little more airflow with a K&N but to me it wasn't worth the risk. I've run K&N in several vehicles before without problem. However, I wasn't running them in the dusty conditions these UTV's will be in.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I ran k&n in my 700 but made sure to use a fair amount of filter spray. All of our dirt bikes have ran them without a problem ever. It was nice to be able to do a fast service even camping without new parts though is why we run them. Filter cleanings always showed good results for us and we ride in dusty conditions a fair amount. I've heard both ends of it but always trusted. In our 1000 I was reluctant however because of the amount of airflow it requires. I'd be concerned on this one that it would suck the oil dry from the filter but that's strictly opinion.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have since changed over to a no-toil foam filter. I always liked them in my dirt bikes due to convenience. I was thinking maybe run a k&n during winter months (low dust conditions) and foam type during summer.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I haven't put many miles on mine. I did go riding a few weeks ago in a very very dusty environment. When I got home I ordered an air filter cleaning kit and cleaned it up. I was really surprised at how well it cleaned up. When it starts showing wear I will go to an aftermarket foam filter. The way the foam is setup it would be very hard for fine particles to get through. I know K&N has always had a great reputation, but I just don't see how they can get that really fine dust. Especially since everyone puts the added sleeve over them anyhow. This is just my opinion though, if I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time Lol. The cheaper price didn't hurt my feelings any either!

K

k9i449

Sep 24, 2016
CA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for all the feedback. I would run a pre-filter for sure. But, I think for now I'll stay with with stock filter. I'm going to a hunting trip shortly it, filter will need to be clean or changed. I too have ran K&N in my RAM 2500 and 2005 Rhino, with no problems. Only thing, I was not sure on was the breather tube kit, that people are talking about.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!