Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I ended up selling my Talon a few months ago because we wanted a cabbed machine and the fellow that purchased it had a KRX.

Here is why he bought my 2019 used Talon when he owned a much newer KRX. His issues dealing with Kawasaki made me skip looking at their machines when shopping for a cabbed machine.

• Wow
Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Damn - It's not Kawasaki, it kawasucky -

Really sorry to hear this story, :( I've been running Japanese motors for 55 years (1969) and I had great luck with them. Admittedly, I did hear some kawasucky grumblings in that time.

Reactions: Remington
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I know the owner well and he is not exaggerating and never abused the machine at all.

I think it was just a lemon, and every company has them, it is just how they handled the problems that made me pass on their machines. We purchased a new Defender limited this year and a small RTV500. I would have certainly looked at the little Mule and the Ridge but after seeing how they were with handling problems I figured I best avoid their machines.

T

thatguy2

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The dealer I bought my Honda from also sold Kawasaki. They were on a stop sale when I was in there.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The dealer I bought my Honda from also sold Kawasaki. They were on a stop sale when I was in there.
About the time I bought my Talon, February 2020, the salesman told me - 'don't buy a krx' - (they sold both). I had hoped they'd solved those issues but apparently not.