BOX1

Kawasaki's new sport KRF1000AL will have 112HP!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I test drove a kobalt blue one this past week. This particular dealer has a couple acres of trail in the back with a nice Little Rock climb. It’s a beast to be sure, but like riding on a cloud. Low range is LOW, this thing would climb like the P5. It’s crazy heavy duty, diffs the size of pumpkins, A-arms super beefy.

May add to the line up....🤔
F9E97B2B C9F6 4CC4 B50D A3453819E1B8
6DCA9841 57E6 4B4A 9BD6 E2CEA1661C14

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never mind , I was reading cvt but my mind was saying dct. Boring , got all excited for nothing. Still good for my local dealer, just not for me . I’ll never own a cvt again.

Sorry, I got Yamaha and kawasaki mixed up in my post

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just looked over the time stamps and realized this thread was old. HA

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyways the 2021 can am commander has stepped up their game. 100hp machine that has options like a general.

B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I test drove a kobalt blue one this past week. This particular dealer has a couple acres of trail in the back with a nice Little Rock climb. It’s a beast to be sure, but like riding on a cloud. Low range is LOW, this thing would climb like the P5. It’s crazy heavy duty, diffs the size of pumpkins, A-arms super beefy.

May add to the line up....🤔View attachment 264665View attachment 264666
Things you'll want. This is what we did and if I were you I'd negotiate all add-ons when you make the purchase.
Kaw premium top.
SATV flip out windshield.
SATV tailgate. (there are cooler one's out now)
Kawasaki rear window.
Kawasaki side and rearview mirrors.
Kawasaki mud guard fenders....very important here. Without some sort of mud flaps you and passenger will killed with mud.
Kawasaki A arm guards, skid plate, front large bumper, Kawasaki light kit, front and rear, upgraded alternator kit.

Things to know.
We have a 20 model with about 1500 miles.
The clutch weights in the 20's are crap, the belt is super hard and the clutch sheaves are soft. The results are grooves in the sheaves causing a shifting feeling. Kawasaki replaced our primary and the weights are shot again. Waited 9 weeks for the first one. Supposedly, the 21's are ok but something to be aware of.
The gas gauge reads incorrectly and I've heard guy's with 21's have the same issue. It's not a huge problem but annoying.
Spring sag. Ours is fine but have a friend that lost about 3" of clearance due to sag. He bought new aftermarket springs.

I'll also add, in my opinion, these machines are too low geared. We rarely use low even on trails. The low gears also make the machine a little loud. We ride gravel roads pretty often and I actually prefer our Pioneer for this use. Now for smooth ride, there is no comparison. Even with Fox shocks on the Pioneer, it's not close to the plushness of the KRX. I also really like the sight glass for checking the oil on the KRX. I'd buy one again but there are a few issues to know about.
Good luck!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Things you'll want. This is what we did and if I were you I'd negotiate all add-ons when you make the purchase.
Kaw premium top.
SATV flip out windshield.
SATV tailgate. (there are cooler one's out now)
Kawasaki rear window.
Kawasaki side and rearview mirrors.
Kawasaki mud guard fenders....very important here. Without some sort of mud flaps you and passenger will killed with mud.
Kawasaki A arm guards, skid plate, front large bumper, Kawasaki light kit, front and rear, upgraded alternator kit.

Things to know.
We have a 20 model with about 1500 miles.
The clutch weights in the 20's are crap, the belt is super hard and the clutch sheaves are soft. The results are grooves in the sheaves causing a shifting feeling. Kawasaki replaced our primary and the weights are shot again. Waited 9 weeks for the first one. Supposedly, the 21's are ok but something to be aware of.
The gas gauge reads incorrectly and I've heard guy's with 21's have the same issue. It's not a huge problem but annoying.
Spring sag. Ours is fine but have a friend that lost about 3" of clearance due to sag. He bought new aftermarket springs.

I'll also add, in my opinion, these machines are too low geared. We rarely use low even on trails. The low gears also make the machine a little loud. We ride gravel roads pretty often and I actually prefer our Pioneer for this use. Now for smooth ride, there is no comparison. Even with Fox shocks on the Pioneer, it's not close to the plushness of the KRX. I also really like the sight glass for checking the oil on the KRX. I'd buy one again but there are a few issues to know about.
Good luck!
Haven’t decided on this. Stories of broken axles and diffs is concerning....

Reactions: ChadD
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!