Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
It's also not all that difficult to tap into accessory fuse #5 to obtain key-on power
It's not difficult to tap into fuse #5, but the fuse box cover doesn't fit back on very well, especially if you are CDO (aka OCD) like me :)

(an old guy like me has to know his limitations, after reaching up in there from the pax wheel well, my limitation meter was off scale).
You should have called me! One of my legs may be shorter than the other, but my arms are long! Haha!

I also used the key-on power to drive another small relay to obtain key-on switched ground - that being useful for voltmeters and to switch ground for rocker switch back lighting.
Did this for my voltmeter, and will be using it for the rocker switch backlighting myself when I wire those up this weekend.

Reactions: bumperm
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's not difficult to tap into fuse #5, but the fuse box cover doesn't fit back on very well, especially if you are CDO (aka OCD) like me :)
It does if you take the wire out through the bottom and fish it through inside the original wiring sheath. I'm CDO too. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!