P1000 Keyed-on harness question

G

Greeneer20

Aug 13, 2020
TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let me start by saying that I have limited knowledge on wiring and even less confidence in it. Can I follow a wiring diagram and instructions?Yes. Just don’t understand the calculation of limits.

I order the keyed-on harness for my Honda 1000-5 thinking I could run it to a bus bar. Then use it for key-on power from there to my stinger, switches, and my true battery isolator relay but not sure it will handle that. Thanks in advance.

P.S. This forum is awesome with so much information and helpful people.

Reactions: TxDoc
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let me start by saying that I have limited knowledge on wiring and even less confidence in it. Can I follow a wiring diagram and instructions?Yes. Just don’t understand the calculation of limits.

I order the keyed-on harness for my Honda 1000-5 thinking I could run it to a bus bar. Then use it for key-on power from there to my stinger, switches, and my true battery isolator relay but not sure it will handle that. Thanks in advance.

P.S. This forum is awesome with so much information and helpful people.
@Hondasxs - you're the resident expert at this point.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
No,
This key-on harness is not designed to be primary power to a buss bar. Its limited to 15a or 10a max.

It it designed as a trigger wire for relays, contractors, and switches with little draw.

It can power the small post on your stinger. Then the stinger should power your buss bar.

G

Greeneer20

Aug 13, 2020
TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok thanks for the clarification.

G

Greeneer20

Aug 13, 2020
TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No,
This key-on harness is not designed to be primary power to a buss bar. Its limited to 15a or 10a max.

It it designed as a trigger wire for relays, contractors, and switches with little draw.

It can power the small post on your stinger. Then the stinger should power your buss bar.
After reading another post this harness should be able to handle the small post on stinger and the relay for the dual voltage meter for the true battery Isolator correct? Thanks in advance for your patience.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!