P1000 KFI Plow and Possible Other Uses

Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
With summer right around the corner trying to justify buying a snow plow in Arizona is going to be a tough sell to my loving wife. I want to go with KFI because I have the winch mount and I think they are compatible

What I am thinking is, I can use the blade to grade the driveway and that will help make the sell to the wife. But, I was wondering if anyone has made other attachments that could further justify the purchase? I was looking at a "helping lifter" kind of a basket for hauling dead deer on. Could the KFI plow mount work to lift logs, hay bales or feed sacks?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can take a strap and go from top of blade to mount to keep it from tripping. But its going to dig on you. And if you leave the strap short it will break the rope or twist up the winch mount or your bumper. Trust me on that.

Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
from my experiance, snow plows typically don't work that well on dirt, they have a built in "trip" feature that doesn't allow it to be very efficient at moving dirt. Sounds like you need something along these lines
ATV Driveway Graders - Gravel Rascal® - ABI Attachments
Thanks for that info, but I think the Gravel Rascal would work well after I have the gravel has been spread. I have about 15 cubic yards in one pile and wanted to use the plow to get it spread. If the plow is not going to work as a dozer I will save my money

On the other hand, how much lift would the plow arms have without the blade and replaced with homemade forks?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for that info, but I think the Gravel Rascal would work well after I have the gravel has been spread. I have about 15 cubic yards in one pile and wanted to use the plow to get it spread. If the plow is not going to work as a dozer I will save my money

On the other hand, how much lift would the plow arms have without the blade and replaced with homemade forks?
JMO..But I don't think the plow mount and frame are designed for that kind of stress. There would be a good probability of damage to your machine. I would look into getting a small tractor with a front end loader to do the kind of work you're wanting to do

Reactions: elkguide
Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
JMO..But I don't think the plow mount and frame are designed for that kind of stress. There would be a good probability of damage to your machine. I would look into getting a small tractor with a front end loader to do the kind of work you're wanting to do
Yes, a bobcat or frontend loader would be the right tool for the job but I was hoping to get more bang for the bucks I spent on my P1K-5 non-deluxe and be a hero with the wife. On the other hand, if I purchased the plow and messed up my ride, I would be in the dog house again with the wife. I'm glad I asked first

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, a bobcat or frontend loader would be the right tool for the job but I was hoping to get more bang for the bucks I spent on my P1K-5 non-deluxe and be a hero with the wife. On the other hand, if I purchased the plow and messed up my ride, I would be in the dog house again with the wife. I'm glad I asked first
I here ya man. I scrimp every where I can..But sometimes ya just gotta have the right tool for the job

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!