P1000 skid plate and plow kit question on 1000-5

tigerbite84

tigerbite84

Jun 6, 2021
Reinholds, PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello all, does anybody have a skid plate on and able to mount the Honda OEM plow kit on? Will it work to have both on? Thanks

Reactions: Smitty335
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone else may chime in with their own experience. Mine is as follows

SuperATV skid plate
Denali plow package

I had to cut and remove the front of the skid plate to make room for my plate to install. I plan on removing the plate and reinstalling the piece I cut during the non snowy months.

Reactions: Smitty335
A

ArcticSledder

Jun 17, 2020
Loretto, Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the same setup and with the full skid plate the plow mount will not fit 100% as only the bottom 4 bolts are able to screwed into the frame the front 2 bolts are off. I have plowed 2 seasons with this and it is a pain as the bolts shear off or back out. This season I got a welding shop to retap the 4 bottom bolts to a larger bolt and tack welded the bolts to the mounting plate so it does not back out. The front of the mount is welded to frame. We will see how this works this plow season. I did not want to mess with cutting the skid plate.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, does anybody have a skid plate on and able to mount the Honda OEM plow kit on? Will it work to have both on? Thanks
I don’t know of anyone having a Honda OEM plow…

most on this board seem to have a KFI, Denali (what I have from club store) or a Warn or something similar.

with my Denali plow, I had to cut the front of my Trail Armor skid plate back to allow the mount to work. I remove the mount in the spring. Cutting the skid plate back hasn’t affected its performance at all. I still have the piece if I wanted to reinstall with two extra screws.

I would say I cut about 6” off the front.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Warn mount fits tight under the front frame so most skid plates should fit with it. The Warn plow mount makes a good skid plate itself.

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!