P1000 skid plate

K

kyrider1000

Oct 4, 2022
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone know where I can get a 4 x 8 sheet of 3/8 UHMW from ? I'm building a skid plate for the ol buggy

Reactions: JenElio and Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Trail Armor is what you seek for 1/2" UHMW skid plate sets for the P1K3/5. Pricey, but well worth it.

Reactions: Smitty335
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
K

kyrider1000

Oct 4, 2022
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I don't know where you can find UHMW shipped to you for 300 but you still have fasteners, drill bits, saw blades, and time to invest on top of that. I love my @SuperATV. I am certain he could get you a prime day coupon.

If you are trying to be as cheap as you can I would just get a tusk
I dont have to have it shipped . i go pick it up . Drill bits / Time / Sawblades ? I have a ton of it . Round over bits for my router to smooth the edges and stainless washers with grade 8 bolts . Yep Im good to go . Also I have a nice set of prints / Templates for it to . Thank yall for the suggestions and comments .. Couple of calls landed the Uhmw and another rider on here offered the templates . This forum is awesome.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV

I don't know where you can find UHMW shipped to you for 300 but you still have fasteners, drill bits, saw blades, and time to invest on top of that. I love my @SuperATV. I am certain he could get you a prime day coupon.

If you are trying to be as cheap as you can I would just get a tusk
Don't' bother, @Robobrainiac. His end product will cost 1/3 as much, take 1/3 the time to manufacture and install, and be 3x as superior to anything you could possibly buy with your $700, you low-life beta male ...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(For those who don't know me, that was 99 and 44/100ths percent pure sarcasm)

K

kyrider1000

Oct 4, 2022
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't' bother, @Robobrainiac. His end product will cost 1/3 as much, take 1/3 the time to manufacture and install, and be 3x as superior to anything you could possibly buy with your $700, you low-life beta male ...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(For those who don't know me, that was 99 and 44/100ths percent pure sarcasm)
WHAT ?? Damn you sound butt hurt because I want to build something for myself and learn something new ? Bro , we all share the same trail , whether you have a 25000 dollar buggy or a 2500 dollar one . Whether you build some accessories yourself or have them made for you . So dont put words in my mouth and put people down . Just wanting to learn my ol buggy and work on it myself .

Once again thanks for the help , its a great day to be alive
God bless and ride em safe !

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
WHAT ?? Damn you sound butt hurt because I want to build something for myself and learn something new ? Bro , we all share the same trail , whether you have a 25000 dollar buggy or a 2500 dollar one . Whether you build some accessories yourself or have them made for you . So dont put words in my mouth and put people down . Just wanting to learn my ol buggy and work on it myself .

You CLEARLY missed the small print at the bottom of my post ... go back and read it. ;)

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look up industrial plastic suppliers in your area. Mcmaster is always an option, but freight will be a bit.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

If I would've had a supplier cheap/close enough to me I would've done the same with UHMW. Instead I did mine out of 1/4" aluminum and been happy with it so far. $210 all in plus my time in the garage which I would've spent regardless on something or other......I like working on my own shît.

Tip: if you get a 5X10 sheet you can cover/protect 100% of the buggy.

Some pics of whey back when 😂 almost four years getting beat on 👍 (NoMo!!)
20200519 221505
20200521 195420
20200521 202217

Good luck and post pics of the finished product 👍

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont have to have it shipped . i go pick it up . Drill bits / Time / Sawblades ? I have a ton of it . Round over bits for my router to smooth the edges and stainless washers with grade 8 bolts . Yep Im good to go . Also I have a nice set of prints / Templates for it to . Thank yall for the suggestions and comments .. Couple of calls landed the Uhmw and another rider on here offered the templates . This forum is awesome.
Glad you got a piece found. I picked up a sheet a couple of years ago, but just haven't got around to doing it. With the CAD files on the forum I figured it was worth my time to save a few bucks. It looks like the sheet I got has gone up quite abit but it still should be satisfying to do it myself when I get around to it.

K

kyrider1000

Oct 4, 2022
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If I would've had a supplier cheap/close enough to me I would've done the same with UHMW. Instead I did mine out of 1/4" aluminum and been happy with it so far. $210 all in plus my time in the garage which I would've spent regardless on something or other......I like working on my own shît.

Tip: if you get a 5X10 sheet you can cover/protect 100% of the buggy.

Some pics of whey back when 😂 almost four years getting beat on 👍 (NoMo!!)
View attachment 395361View attachment 395362View attachment 395360
Good luck and post pics of the finished product 👍
SWEET Great work brother . and the cost ........... even better .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!