P1000 P-1000 Skid Plate

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 2021 P-1000 has the factory skid plate that basically covers the middle of the machine and I would like to add the skids that protect the floor boards, at one point I found a source for the two outer pieces but for some reason can't find em anymore.......anybody have a source for the two outer pieces ??

Thanks

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My 2021 P-1000 has the factory skid plate that basically covers the middle of the machine and I would like to add the skids that protect the floor boards, at one point I found a source for the two outer pieces but for some reason can't find em anymore.......anybody have a source for the two outer pieces ??

Thanks
Not worth your money or time imo. That G string in middle there barley helps stop pea gravel in a garden. might as well have a pice of cardboard.
adding side skids to that will help but like pitting lipstick on a pig. why waist the time?
Just buy some upgraded full skids that really protect you from all sides. youll be glad you did In the long run.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not worth your money or time imo. That G string in middle there barley helps stop pea gravel in a garden. might as well have a pice of cardboard.
adding side skids to that will help but like pitting lipstick on a pig. why waist the time?
Just buy some upgraded full skids that really protect you from all sides. youll be glad you did In the long run.
^^^^This^^^^

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the Tusk 3/8" UHMW. It's one of the less expensive ones out there that is still very effective for those of us that aren't hardcore rock bangers.

Mine just needs to protect from trail threats and rutted areas.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the Tusk 3/8" UHMW. It's one of the less expensive ones out there that is still very effective for those of us that aren't hardcore rock bangers.

Mine just needs to protect from trail threats and rutted areas.
You don’t have to be a hardcore rock banger to come down hard on a rock. It happens.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What type of hardware did you use for the install?

Ones I've seen, and I'm no expert, will used existing hardware or bolt holes where practical. In some other areas they use self-drilling self-tapping screws that go directly into the frame. My preference would be to use rivet nuts (sometimes called rivnuts) to install female threads in those areas. This has a couple of advantages over self tapping screws. Rivet nuts have better holding power and can easily be replaced if damaged. Rivet nut installation tools are reasonably priced.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ones I've seen, and I'm no expert, will used existing hardware or bolt holes where practical. In some other areas they use self-drilling self-tapping screws that go directly into the frame. My preference would be to use rivet nuts (sometimes called rivnuts) to install female threads in those areas. This has a couple of advantages over self tapping screws. Rivet nuts have better holding power and can easily be replaced if damaged. Rivet nut installation tools are reasonably priced.
Thanks for the quick reply. I ll add that to my options

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like others have said, the factory one is garbage, almost an embarrassment on a 20k machine. Super ATV makes a good one. I'm planning to put that on mine. It's the UHMW type. Hes a vendor on here too, I think if you pm him he'll get you a little break on the price. Just my .02

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rivet nuts in conjunction to the factory threaded mounts also make it easier to remove and reinstall the skid plate. It is a good practice to remove the skid plate periodically to clean the debris that collects on top of it... It's good to remove the skid plate for oil changes to reduce, even eliminate the mess that oil changes make when done with the skid plate in place... Will save you money on oil rags/paper towels!! :p

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rivet nuts in conjunction to the factory threaded mounts also make it easier to remove and reinstall the skid plate. It is a good practice to remove the skid plate periodically to clean the debris that collects on top of it... It's good to remove the skid plate for oil changes to reduce, even eliminate the mess that oil changes make when done with the skid plate in place... Will save you money on oil rags/paper towels!! :p
The Rivet Nuts require their own stud and not the original OEM metric self threading screws , correct?? What screws are you using with the rivet nuts?

Reactions: Rayger143
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Rivet Nuts require their own stud and not the original OEM metric self threading screws , correct?? What screws are you using with the rivet nuts?
Rivet nuts come in different sizes. Just match the thread size and the length you need.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3

Thanks

Ricochet Offroad.

brettc

brettc

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2020
Little Rock, AR & Crawford, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Like others have said, the factory one is garbage, almost an embarrassment on a 20k machine. Super ATV makes a good one. I'm planning to put that on mine. It's the UHMW type. Hes a vendor on here too, I think if you pm him he'll get you a little break on the price. Just my .02
I'm curious, what does your factory skid look like? Is there some thin stamped steel skid on some models, or plastic or something?

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!