P500 KFI winch mount with Strongmade bumper

B

BryanC

Jul 17, 2015
Does anybody have a KFI winch mount with the Strongmade bumper?

I want the bumper but do not like the winch sitting on top. I would like to put a light bat there. And I want the winch tucked up in the frame.

I know it would be better for the winch up out of the elements, but this is more of a personal choice.

Thanks.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Does anybody have a KFI winch mount with the Strongmade bumper?

I want the bumper but do not like the winch sitting on top. I would like to put a light bat there. And I want the winch tucked up in the frame.

I know it would be better for the winch up out of the elements, but this is more of a personal choice.

Thanks.
Sure do, KFI3500 winch on Strong Made Bumper you will need longer bolts to go through the 3 layers of steel before it screws into the winch base. (Top Pic)

However you can buy the HONDA Winch mount kit and it will mount down low on the OEM bumper opening. Like the bottom Pic (Not Mine)

Up high though it does protect the radiator, keeps it out of the mud if you hit a deep hole, and you can see from inside as your winching. Just for some thoughts.

20150812 094343 zpslxpcxadc
P5 on28s jpg1982

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
And we are both off track @JACKAL.
Hang on. He said KFI mount with StrongMade bumper!!!

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
UPDATE...
No, the Strong Made front bumper for the Pioneer 500 will NOT work with the KFI mount as it comes.
See. Also refer to StrongMade instructions above.
101215 Mounted 1 01

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
And we are both off track @JACKAL.
Hang on. He said KFI mount with StrongMade bumper!!!

That's why I posted the HONDA winch mount would work with the KFI Winch and Strong Made bumper :p

B

BryanC

Jul 17, 2015
Thanks guys for the help.

I am buying this for my daughter & wife to ride with me and they do not like having the winch mounted on the bumper.

Mounted down low the winch will get muddy & be hard to use. But it's what they want.

They said they want it "hidden".

The things we do for family...

Reactions: Hondasxs and JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks guys for the help.

I am buying this for my daughter & wife to ride with me and they do not like having the winch mounted on the bumper.

Mounted down low the winch will get muddy & be hard to use. But it's what they want.

They said they want it "hidden".

The things we do for family...

Happy Wife, Happy Life!

Remember with women it doesn't have to be functional just fashionable :D

Reactions: mrjeff42
advertisement
B

BryanC

Jul 17, 2015
Anybody have the Bison front bumper/brush guard & a winch mount?

Anybody know if the KFI will fit with the Bison?

Thanks.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Anybody have the Bison front bumper/brush guard & a winch mount?

Anybody know if the KFI will fit with the Bison?

Thanks.

If you are referring to the BISON front bumper pictured below it appears the Honda winch mounting plate will work with the KFI winch. All winches have a standard bolt pattern, but I have seen 3 different implementations of winch mounts. Only the OEM Honda plate location looks like it will work with this bumper.

IMG 1064  26379142850318912801280

Reactions: mrjeff42
B

BryanC

Jul 17, 2015
Jackal - I think you are right. Appears the Honda winch plate will work with the Bison.

I wanted the KFI winch plate mounted higher than the OEM Honda plate (and much cheaper).

I called Bison and asked them if the KFI plate would mount. They could not tell me which winch plates would work with their bumper. Makes me wonder about their design...

Thanks for all the help. When I finally buy the P500 and dress it up I will post some pics. And I keep telling myself it's all for my wife & daughter.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I REALLY WISH Bison would make an actual replacement bumper, they look really cool, but they are just over bumpers they don't actually replace the bumper.

B

BryanC

Jul 17, 2015
Seems like if you get a front bumper you either have OEM Honda plate or the Strongmade bumper with winch on top.

Has anybody seen a bumper with the winch mounted in it?

sxsinks

sxsinks

Nov 16, 2015
Middle Midwest
I'm gonna lose my kfi stealth i guess. I had to have the strongmade bumper. In fact to save shipping i bought the dinky rear too. Man couldn't they come up with something similar

sxsinks

sxsinks

Nov 16, 2015
Middle Midwest
Alright i got my strongmade front and rear bumper. I already had the kfi stealth which i liked. I'm about to remove the stealth winch and mount on the strongmade. I'll repost back.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!