P1000 Kolpin Glass Windshield Question?????

N

ncognet0

Jun 12, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am wanting to get a glass windshield for my 2016 1000-5. I can get a very good price on a Kolpin, but the fine print says "to be used with Kolpin roofs only". My pioneer has the stock plastic hard roof. Has anyone tried to install this on their 1000-5 ? And why would this not fit?

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If u do a little searching up top like we suggest, you'll have that answer. Post#33 its a P7 but u can see he dosnt have a Honda roof. There were other threads but Im only posting one. You can find the others.

N

ncognet0

Jun 12, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If u do a little searching up top like we suggest, you'll have that answer. Post#33 its a P7 but u can see he dosnt have a Honda roof. There were other threads but Im only posting one. You can find the others.
I seen that but unfortunately it still dont answer my question. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I seen that but unfortunately it still dont answer my question. Thanks.
Did u read the other ones?
If the Instructions say it will only fit with the kolpin roof, theres prob a reason. Again, a little research and u can see, there is a metal plate that protrudes up and over the ROPS and there is 2 camps to attach the ROPS. The Honda roof clamps there so Im gonna say that a Negative on it working with it. With some modification im sure y can make it work, but how far do u want to go?

No pics of your rig yet either! Only posts that u have a 16’ or do you? 🤔 😂
color, milage, clutch update or not?
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
F1D9F878 921F 4B07 9B6F 8E9DEFA36BBD

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did u read the other ones?
If the Instructions say it will only fit with the kolpin roof, theres prob a reason. Again, a little research and u can see, there is a metal plate that protrudes up and over the ROPS and there is 2 camps to attach the ROPS. The Honda roof clamps there so Im gonna say that a Negative on it working with it. With some modification im sure y can make it work, but how far do u want to go?

No pics of your rig yet either! Only posts that u have a 16’ or do you? 🤔 😂
color, milage, clutch update or not?
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
View attachment 366121
Seems to me that if the upper clamps are the only interference, it would be pretty easy to drill new holes and the plug the old holes with the small plastic or rubber plugs available from hardware stores.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Based off memory I think the top of metal plate would interfere with the location of the Honda top clamps. As the Sheriff said I bet you could make it work with some modification (my brain tells me to notch out where the top clamps would be) if you wanted to.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Seems to me that if the upper clamps are the only interference, it would be pretty easy to drill new holes and the plug the old holes with the small plastic or rubber plugs available from hardware stores.
Yep!

N

ncognet0

Jun 12, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I received this e mail from the Kolpin company this morning. I think a black pool noodle might fix the gap:

Good morning,

It will fit with the OEM roof, however the OEM roof is designed in a manner that keeps it a few inches off the top of the roll cage, so when our windshield is installed with that there is a fairly significant gap between the two. So they won’t interfere, they just wont marry up very well.

Thanks

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I received this e mail from the Kolpin company this morning. I think a black pool noodle might fix the gap:

Good morning,

It will fit with the OEM roof, however the OEM roof is designed in a manner that keeps it a few inches off the top of the roll cage, so when our windshield is installed with that there is a fairly significant gap between the two. So they won’t interfere, they just wont marry up very well.

Thanks
After reading that, I'd just spend the little extra and get one that's gonna fit with no mods. Work smarter not harder.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
IMG 1823
IMG 2327
if u have a thin wallet (like me), I made my own, started with a template, got a piece of scrap aluminum, dropped template into auto cad and had my buddy burn out on plasma machine, then took to glass shop, its all in under $300 for full safety glass....eventually tied it to my aluminum roof - yes it does not open in the summer but it gets hot every summer and vents do help.....
IMG 0574

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!