P700 Which windshield type do y’all prefer?

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
CD3118E0 5C85 450C A7F7 4B204F6D899C
hey Mudwing i dont know anything about the glass windshield but are you going to run it year round or just for the cold winters you have . I was curious about them I run the honda 2 piece it works well because in the summer I don't run it because I like the ventilation. And with the brackets I bought that Russ had on his I like it even more but with the mud you ride I know it would not work for you and would not last long.
I run the Honda half year round. You’re right full doesn’t work for me. My bro has a 700 that he wants a glass windshield with a wiper for plowing snow. I’m putting my feelers out for him. I’d really like to see something with vents. He was asking me how the Honda OEM seals. He heard bad reviews about the Kolpin.
Side note: Trying to get my bro on the forum. ;)

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 159153
I run the Honda half year round. You’re right full doesn’t work for me. My bro has a 700 that he wants a glass windshield with a wiper for plowing snow. I’m putting my feelers out for him. I’d really like to see something with vents. He was asking me how the Honda OEM seals. He heard bad reviews about the Kolpin.
I like the siezmik with vents if someone wanted a full windshield.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
View attachment 159153
he should get on here he would enjoy it. I wondered if he was since you posted the pic of his ride awhile back. I don't get to look sometimes like I want to because we have been working a lot and there's only so much time in a day.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
We sell a TON of the flip up windshields. Fully closed, fully open, or vented. Its hard to beat.

Plus...now that I'm a vendor on here, you all get a forum member discount! Hit me up if you're interested!
Thanks. I don’t see a glass windshield on your site.

Reactions: NewHere2
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am going to replace my speaker with a JBL speaker when I get around to it. It sounds good but I want more.

H

Hwysupr

Oct 27, 2015
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4
I like the idea of a windshield that folds down on top of the hood, but those don’t seem to be very common compared to the fold up style. Anyone tried the flip down?Guessing there may be some vibration issues
I have a flip down on my2015 700-4 and love it. Was disappointed after the flimsy rubber connection dry rotted 2 years ago however was still able to strap it on with no serious vibration. Then when I finally got around to putting a hard top on it last year was a blessing in disguise as the new top goes so low as to prevent it from flipping down. by being separated I am able to strap it down to the bottom as it has always mounted and have a nice shooting platform. When weather gets bad I can fold it up and strap it up by sliding it in under the hard top. Has worked great through two hog hunts is miserable rain and mud as well as tooling around in Iowa even when the weather s#%@*S. Can't remember the make or model but was way less than a glass or honda windshield. By flip down I'm talking about the type that the upper half flips down onto the bottomhalf.

Boiler363

Boiler363

Dec 25, 2018
Hecker IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20200315 003659

I bit the bullet an bought a Kolpin glass windshield. It is fixed with no tilt. It does have little vents that slide open and closed- I thought it was gonna be kind of a joke but those suckers move a ton of air into the cab and help a lot more than I thought. It was $500. It's not cheap but cheaper than Honda OEM glass and I believe about the same price as a OEM Honda Poly.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the Honda glass windshield on a Pioneer 1000, and it is fixed with no vents. It caused the cab to be way too hot in the summer. You need some sort of venting...............

P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
I bought this one for my P700-4 (18)on EBay for $359. Don’t see it there anymore. Try SuperATV.com.
I like the flip up because I hunt out of it. It can be fully closed or fully open plus 2 different positions for airflow.

I bought the machine with a OEM half windshield . I like keeping dry in the rain and avoiding rocks when following a buddy so I bought this flip-up. I mounted the half windshield behind the headrest for eye protection for backseats.
054213AA 975D 476C 885B 3010198DC404
054213AA 975D 476C 885B 3010198DC404

937 700 sxs

Sep 27, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 198515

I bit the bullet an bought a Kolpin glass windshield. It is fixed with no tilt. It does have little vents that slide open and closed- I thought it was gonna be kind of a joke but those suckers move a ton of air into the cab and help a lot more than I thought. It was $500. It's not cheap but cheaper than Honda OEM glass and I believe about the same price as a OEM Honda Poly.

937 700 sxs

Sep 27, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey boiler 363 I see you have the kolpin glass windshield. What roof do you have on it ? Is it the kolpin steel roof ? I have a 700-4 but only want the front front part covered didn’t know if the 2p steel roof will fit a 4p thanks

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey boiler 363 I see you have the kolpin glass windshield. What roof do you have on it ? Is it the kolpin steel roof ? I have a 700-4 but only want the front front part covered didn’t know if the 2p steel roof will fit a 4p thanks
Hay, welcome from Michigan.
If you want to get someone atten you have to tag them like this @Remington not just say there name. They might never get your message then.

BTW, we like pics of your rig when u first join. Start an intro thread and post em up!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hay, welcome from Michigan.
If you want to get someone atten you have to tag them like this @Remington not just say there name. They might never get your message then.

BTW, we like pics of your rig when u first join. Start an intro thread and post em up!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Or you could post @AHole and you will get everybody responding to you thinking you are talking to them. HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!