BOX1

P700 Which windshield type do y’all prefer?

S

Smalltownbulldog

Jun 9, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thinking about adding a windshield. Right now my main goal is to keep bugs and seeds out of my little girls eyes when we ride, but want to consider everything before I just throw on the first cheapest thing I find and it ends up not working for what I want a little while later. Besides half, full fixed, flip out, flip down, screen- any other designs? What are the pros and cons of each?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I prefer none, but a 1/2 does a good job of deflecting stuff. Also there is a screen windshield that is out there (somebody will link it shortly) that kinda gives you the best of both. You could also make a homemade one with a window kit from Lowe's.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I prefer none, but a 1/2 does a good job of deflecting stuff. Also there is a screen windshield that is out there (somebody will link it shortly) that kinda gives you the best of both. You could also make a homemade one with a window kit from Lowe's.
Honda

Used to be known as a bugbuster, but that website forwards to the above now.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
8A7A7D12 56F0 4EC4 94A2 2879F0778981
I’m running the Honda half windshield (they call it an air deflector). I keep it on all year ‘round. It works great for me. It blocks the air good but I would still recommend safety glasses or goggles, just in case. The Honda half is shorter than the super ATV (I think) but when it gets muddy or dusty you still have plenty of visibility. ;)

S

Smalltownbulldog

Jun 9, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
I like the idea of a windshield that folds down on top of the hood, but those don’t seem to be very common compared to the fold up style. Anyone tried the flip down?Guessing there may be some vibration issues

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Run the OEM Tilt one in the colder months. Remove the upper portion in the summer. Lower portion is "permanent", and doesn't do much for deflecting. It'l get warm if you run any windshield during the hot months though... Better off wearing goggles/safety glasses when its hot.

B

Bullseye

Feb 5, 2016
Indiana
I like the idea of a windshield that folds down on top of the hood, but those don’t seem to be very common compared to the fold up style. Anyone tried the flip down?Guessing there may be some vibration issues

I have one that the top half folds down onto the hood, I really like it, no vibration problems that I know of. Can't tell ya where to look for one though, mine is made by Yamaha for the x2.

B

bs4u00

Mar 6, 2019
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Similar to Russ989, I have the Super ATV flip out. It locks shut (what i use for trailering), locks a little bit open, and then flips up to stay open all the time. I really like it. Up here in WI, we have all the seasons and it works well. For cold temps or when its raining, it makes a big difference to have it shut. But when its warm out, either having it open all the way or the in-between setting work great too. I think I went with the SuperATV because it was less expensive than the Honda. Also, get the hard coated one. This windshield is nice because you don't have to do and taking off or putting on for different temps outside. Just lift the lever and put it to the position you want.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thinking about adding a windshield. Right now my main goal is to keep bugs and seeds out of my little girls eyes when we ride, but want to consider everything before I just throw on the first cheapest thing I find and it ends up not working for what I want a little while later. Besides half, full fixed, flip out, flip down, screen- any other designs? What are the pros and cons of each?
I bought a full, glass Honda windshield. BIG MISTAKE!!! The heat build up in the cab (P1000-3) is unbearable. Recently removed both doors for relief. I would go with something that would allow you to let in air if you should choose to do so. Split windshield of some kind?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Anybody running a glass windshield?
Which would you recommend?
:)
hey Mudwing i dont know anything about the glass windshield but are you going to run it year round or just for the cold winters you have . I was curious about them I run the honda 2 piece it works well because in the summer I don't run it because I like the ventilation. And with the brackets I bought that Russ had on his I like it even more but with the mud you ride I know it would not work for you and would not last long.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!