sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He finally got the KRX. We have been riding today but wondering does he need to run vent lines? Or change skids? Anything else big like that can potentially kill the machine?
The vent lines will be fine. Depending on how he rides, upgrading skid plates might not be a bad idea.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Drove one at the dealer this week. Pretty impressed. I’ve heard diffs and drums have been blowing up, any truth to it????

Reactions: RB3offroad
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I watched a video a few weeks ago where a KRX driver blew his second front diff. He was riding with a group back east on some extreme, muddy, wet, washed out, rocky climbs. The comment was made that he has a poor choice of tires and was hopping his (35s IIRC) over every obstacle to trying to get traction. I felt the machines pain just watching.

For some perspective, a thread from a rental mechanic located in Moab with feed back on some of their rentals pushing 8K miles.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I watched a video a few weeks ago where a KRX driver blew his second front diff. He was riding with a group back east on some extreme, muddy, wet, washed out, rocky climbs. The comment was made that he has a poor choice of tires and was hopping his (35s IIRC) over every obstacle to trying to get traction. I felt the machines pain just watching.

For some perspective, a thread from a rental mechanic located in Moab with feed back on some of their rentals pushing 8K miles.
Watched a video by Shock Therapy reviewing all the Sport S x S's, He said the KRX in the best non turbo out there as far as suspension geometry and they way they are built. He also said if they a turbo they will give the RZR a run for there money.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Yeah, that’s concerning right there.....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just curious. Does anyone know if they rent Pioneers and Talons in Moab?
I was just in Moab last month and visited every rental, unless off the beaten path, I didn’t see any rentals with Honda’s.

Sure wish they would for comparison...

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sure wish they would for comparison...
My thoughts exactly. Rental companies may avoid Honda because of the DTC and folks not wanting any learning curve. My local dealer in Montrose (been with him for decades and he does Kawi, and Honda) says Kawasaki warranty and dealing with customer service is second to none (I was surprised to hear that). I asked him about some issues and modifications I wanted to do on the KRX suspension wise and he said no issues what so ever. Been with him for 20 plus years and he has always been on the level.

My Honda has spent way more time on recalls than any actual scheduled service. The experience has been equitable with no bad feelings. Working on both machines personalIy, see a LOT MORE design thought put into the Kawasaki compared to the Honda. Working on the Honda is an exercise in what were you thinking when you put that there? The Kawi is more like oh the guys that work on this stuff were on the design team, its super easy. FWIW.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My thoughts exactly. Rental companies may avoid Honda because of the DTC and folks not wanting any learning curve. My local dealer in Montrose (been with him for decades and he does Kawi, and Honda) says Kawasaki warranty and dealing with customer service is second to none (I was surprised to hear that). I asked him about some issues and modifications I wanted to do on the KRX suspension wise and he said no issues what so ever. Been with him for 20 plus years and he has always been on the level.

My Honda has spent way more time on recalls than any actual scheduled service. The experience has been equitable with no bad feelings. Working on both machines personalIy, see a LOT MORE design thought put into the Kawasaki compared to the Honda. Working on the Honda is an exercise in what were you thinking when you put that there? The Kawi is more like oh the guys that work on this stuff were on the design team, its super easy. FWIW.
So you have a KRX?

Reactions: Pilgrim
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

So that's where @jtw ran off to...

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you have a KRX?
Yes. My Honda is that F250 That will do anything and kind of everything asked of it that I will never get rid of. The KRX is that Porsche Cayenne that is for fun. We are taking KRX and Pioneers for some pretty long rides in Utah in a few weeks. I'm sure we will be switching back and forth. No doubt the KRX gobbles up rough terrain like a starving beast compared to a Pioneer.......but ride isn't everything. On a long treck, storage, utility, gas mileage all factor in. Also how you feel after a long day riding. It will be an interesting comparison.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes. My Honda is that F250 That will do anything and kind of everything asked of it that I will never get rid of. The KRX is that Porsche Cayenne that is for fun. We are taking KRX and Pioneers for some pretty long rides in Utah in a few weeks. I'm sure we will be switching back and forth. No doubt the KRX gobbles up rough terrain like a starving beast compared to a Pioneer.......but ride isn't everything. On a long treck, storage, utility, gas mileage all factor in. Also how you feel after a long day riding. It will be an interesting comparison.
How long have you had the KRX?
I’ll be interested in the comparison....

D

DDDonkey

How long have you had the KRX?
I’ll be interested in the comparison....

Monty, the KRX is a really good machine out of the box, I still have my big blue pioneer and it is a completely different beast. The pioneer it’s great for driving around the neighborhood and working, I still think it’s a very comfortable ride with my 814 shocks. I can also air down my 35s and I really enjoy the ride, but the KRX is night and day. I took the KRX out this weekend up in the mountains for some altitude riding in the crawled up everything I could throw at it, on the high-speed trails it had a little bit more body roll that I preferred but I also have not adjusted the shocks at all, the only thing you need to do for the KRX out of the box in my eyes is a heavy duty skid plate, a winch, and probably a roof. If you’re ever out in Arizona Monty reach out to me and take mine for a spin.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Centrifugal clutch, belts, and pulleys.