Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That’s all I’m trying to say to people... my riding hasn’t gotten any easier. If anything it’s just getting harder. I’m at half my miles of the pioneer and I haven’t broken anything. That should say something. If guys want to ride like several of us here do... then there’s a way to do it without having to wrench on your machine all the time. I got tired of turning the wrench on the pioneer after EVERY ride!
Thought it was during?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s all I’m trying to say to people... my riding hasn’t gotten any easier. If anything it’s just getting harder. I’m at half my miles of the pioneer and I haven’t broken anything. That should say something. If guys want to ride like several of us here do... then there’s a way to do it without having to wrench on your machine all the time. I got tired of turning the wrench on the pioneer after EVERY ride!
It was never intended for what we do with them so it’s impressive but it’s not as tough as the KRX. Your KRX was impressive to say the least. I remember when I was driving it and we were coming up on those washouts and you were yelling hammer down but my instinct was to hit the brakes. Riding with you on the way back up the connector trail sold me on the KRX.

J

JTW

It was never intended for what we do with them so it’s impressive but it’s not as tough as the KRX. Your KRX was impressive to say the least. I remember when I was driving it and we were coming up on those washouts and you were yelling hammer down but my instinct was to hit the brakes. Riding with you on the way back up the connector trail sold me on the KRX.
Between the half dozen mediums some of us are a part of it becomes “what wheel offset does to track width”. You get it now... and I agree. The pioneer can be taken the places we go. I’ve done it for years. BUT you’re going to have to wrench on it. A LOT!! You’re going to spend another TEN THOUSAND dollars on it to do it by the time you’re “done”. It just amazes me how many folks want to argue when you try to help them help themselves. People don’t know what they don’t know until they experience it. I know I didn’t.. I’ve said a number of time I didn’t know what I was missing.

J

JTW

People are literally getting their feelings hurt because more and more folks here are going a particular way because they WANT to ride more. They want to do more and have fun doing it fast. And some of those b****ing and whining don’t even ride with us! It’s just funny to me.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Between the half dozen mediums some of us are a part of it becomes “what wheel offset does to track width”. You get it now... and I agree. The pioneer can be taken the places we go. I’ve done it for years. BUT you’re going to have to wrench on it. A LOT!! You’re going to spend another TEN THOUSAND dollars on it to do it by the time you’re “done”. It just amazes me how many folks want to argue when you try to help them help themselves. People don’t know what they don’t know until they experience it. I know I didn’t.. I’ve said a number of time I didn’t know what I was missing.
I can’t argue that, that machine is a tank. I still like the Honda but if I rode as often as you do then I’d have to consider buying one now after driving/riding in yours. My plan is to add one at some point. Kawi did an excellent job on the KRX.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
People are literally getting their feelings hurt because more and more folks here are going a particular way because they WANT to ride more. They want to do more and have fun doing it fast. And some of those b****ing and whining don’t even ride with us! It’s just funny to me.
Yeah, I get it. The speed and rough terrain was what stood out to me. As I go on more rides, that will be what I’m looking for eventually I’m sure. No one wants to have something that’s not as good but a P1k5D is no competition. It’s a good all around rig but in no way a KRX.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Could you please explain that one more time for us simpletons? Just kidding! We all tried to make the P1's into a faster RZR trail buggies, the only successor was @snuffnwhisky and that took many man hours and money. The P1 is an incredible trail machine at low speeds and mediocre terrain, for the average driver, in the hands of a skilled driver things can change, but the breakage goes way up. I think of it as an entry level machine, Honda thought the Talon was the next step, and maybe it is for Honda, the I4WD killed my desire for a Talon, pure and simple. I want control of my buggy!

J

JTW

Could you please explain that one more time for us simpletons? Just kidding! We all tried to make the P1's into a faster RZR trail buggies, the only successor was @snuffnwhisky and that took many man hours and money. The P1 is an incredible trail machine at low speeds and mediocre terrain, for the average driver, in the hands of a skilled driver things can change, but the breakage goes way up. I think of it as an entry level machine, Honda thought the Talon was the next step, and maybe it is for Honda, the I4WD killed my desire for a Talon, pure and simple. I want control of my buggy!
I know I sound like a drum made form a dead horse... but people just don’t understand. It’s not just me. Hell, even snuff bought a KRX and that’s after building white lightning. What does that tell ya? I really don’t give a s*** what anyone buys... it makes ZERO difference to me. I don’t have to justify s*** anyone... The ONLY reason I’m saying anything is to try and help folks out. It’s really that simple.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I know I sound like a drum made form a dead horse... but people just don’t understand. It’s not just me. Hell, even snuff bought a KRX and that’s after building white lightning. What does that tell ya? I really don’t give a s*** what anyone buys... it makes ZERO difference to me. I don’t have to justify s*** anyone... The ONLY reason I’m saying anything is to try and help folks out. It’s really that simple.
Would you please shut up? Those of us that are going to take the next step up already know all this stuff and if like me are waiting for the recalls to be over, I'm so sick of hauling the P1 to the Dealer. I would love to get a Kawi 4 seater on the KRX platform. Just waiting?

Reactions: TripleB
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Cuoutdoors
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Think he said he has 3000 miles on the pioneer (who know how many axles) and 1600 miles on the KRX ..

I think a lot got to the other topic you usually preach.... start putting the big tires, power commander, etc and your going to break more ... In a way he finally took your advice
Well,he put 35’s,and flashed his ecm for 20 percent more.He is not holding back

• Haha
Reactions: JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yup... I should have quit or let air out. It was totally my fault.
Ps... I went up that this year in the KRX... no problem!!

By the way... how did you like Moab? Ohhhhh, that’s right... you haven’t been.
FB IMG 1607207602914

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
[/QUOTE
I have to hand it to you guys, you have kept it very civilized on the Honda forums, I was so disappointed when the Talons came out with the I4WD system, almost like the Governmetnt telling you how to off road? Thanks guys, come sluming!

Reactions: BigOL3 and JTW