P500 L track Tie Downs

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Has anyone used the L track cargo management systems to attach accessories to their rack? I like to have options and always struggle with mounting certain things as permanent fixtures to my vehicles. For example, the storage box on my Honda Rubicon is a pain in the butt to take off and put on. It would be great if there was a simple way to do this quickly; like a quick release system.

I was thinking of trying it out on the Rubicon and if it worked, utilizing the same kind of system on the P500. I have the Nissan Utilitrack system on my Nissan frontier and mount anything from tie down loops to chain saw mounts in the bed.

For the P500, I was thinking of mounting three strips of the track system to the rack. Then I could install a large box when on longer trips, a basket when working around the yard or on short trips, and whatever else I want when needed.

L-Track Tie Down Rails

The above is a link for what I'm talking about. Thoughts on how it might work or what issues I will run into? Thanks all

Reactions: Gassygordo
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
When I fabricated my roof which is made out of clear lexan 5 mm thick iirc. I used L tracks bolted through the Lexan and into the stock roll bar tubing using nutserts. So now I can haul a variety of gear on the roof if need be. Also used it inside the box of one of my truck to ratchet strap stuff down.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
When I fabricated my roof which is made out of clear lexan 5 mm thick iirc. I used L tracks bolted through the Lexan and into the stock roll bar tubing using nutserts. So now I can haul a variety of gear on the roof if need be. Also used it inside the box of one of my truck to ratchet strap stuff down.
Thanks for this. I may order a couple and test it out on my Rubicon first but I'm thinking that it might be a pretty good option. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reactions: mrjeff42
Garbageman

Garbageman

Dec 6, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I've never used the L track, but I'm a fan of using track systems to attach stuff to stuff. I put etrack on my trailer, and just run a strap around my tire to tie down for transport. I'd think that the L track would do the same thing on a smaller scale, for attaching stuff to the pioneer. I may have to look at it, now.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Yes I’m using Etrack too the single (individual sockets) only, no tracks of it. Have installed inside the box wall of my pick up and also inside the dump box on my double wall full aluminum 6x12 dump trailer. If you check in my links in sig, I have some pix of the roof of my P500 and installing nutserts.

Cheers.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
L track has been used in airplanes for years. Most seats on a plane are mounted using L track.

Reactions: lee
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Finally got the L track mounted. It's extremely sturdy and makes it possible to attach a lot of accessories fairly easily. Utilized it this past weekend to attach a flag mount and am also working on an axe/shovel mount and chainsaw mount.

442710e504e75fa128e3caf08b04fb461de9af2cc3359a0cd1b8f7c949ee1cc5

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!